Head to Head: Who has the edge in the Western Final?

If you are a Riders fan, look away OR embrace the fact that you are the savvy underdog ready to strike the giant that is the 2021 Winnipeg Blue Bombers!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/11/30/head-head-edge-western-final-4/

Yup, we are the underdog in this fight. But we got hope… I just hope it is a good game and not a shellacking …

1 Like

This seems to be a fair and well thought out article.

2 Likes

Of course the Bombers have home field and will be the heavy favorites, especially with the TSN clowns, but don't count Saskatchewan out, they've been winning tough games where they've had to scrap and claw right to the end all season long.

It’s going to be a war right to the end.

1 Like

May the better team not win! Go Riders

Should be an outstanding game for any CFL fan.
Lucky us!

WINNIPEG HAS MOST OF THE DIAMONDD,BUT THERE ARE SOME IN GREEN AND WHITE TOO. FAJARDO HAS TO BE ON HIS GAME FROM THECFIRST Minute of the contest.time for the O to help the D.

Who has the edge in this game? Gee, I wonder ... :stuck_out_tongue:

Bombers in 4

1 Like

Over confident
Disadvantage-Winnipeg
I hope this doesn’t become the nail in our coffin.

Not directed at you “BackTheBombets” intended to be a general post to all

1 Like

There won’t be any blowouts, unless it’s Sask blowing out Bombers . Not trash talking just don’t see it. Will most likely go down to wire with Fajardo as MVP. Honorable mention for Duke and Shaker Baker

I’m a little nervous as a Bombers fan with the amount of time off they had and playing meaningless games down the stretch where the Riders have been playing in mostly meaningful games. Think the key for the Bombers is to get an early lead and for the Riders just to keep it close and gain confidence as the game goes on. Should be a great Western Final and think that the winner of this game will go on to win the Grey Cup.

2 Likes

Collaros and crew looked sharp in the 5 minutes they played vs Calgary, showed no rust.

3 Likes

With respect to being over confident, the only relevance to that is how the players feel. O’Shea has kept them in check and focussed on one game at a time. I don’t get a sense of overconfidence among the players. There will be no predictions or guarantees coming from a Bomber team that recognizes that their talking needs to be done on the field.

I am not predicting a blowout, but if there was one it would be the Bombers doing the blowing out. Even with too many turnovers by the Bombers, which is not likely given how well they protected the ball during the season, the Riders will be in tough given the year long dominance of the Bomber Oline and Dline. And their dominance was especially pronounced against the Riders. “Skill players” can have bad games with inaccurate throws, dropped balls, missed kicks or fumbles, but the likelihood of 9 players on both Bomber lines playing poorly for the first time all year is virtually non existent. Plus no one seems to be recognizing that most of the team are defending Grey Cup champs and know how to win, which always count for something.

No one is saying the Bombers have won and that a loss is not possible, but I think the smart money should remain on the Bombers. I believe in fact that the Argos have a much greater chance of being blown out than the Bombers, but I’m not calling a blowout there either.

3 Likes

Bombers have the edge as they are at home . But with that comes the pressure .

Riders have nothing to lose and everything to gain as they are not favoured to win .

1 Like

Anything on any day to any team anytime, in a one and done system.

1 Like

Great job Marshall I think the Bombers will be in for a nice rematch of their superb 2019 Final with the very determined Saskatchewan Roughriders. May the best team win :wc: :top: :two: :question:

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS........
Winnipeg's visitors dressing room has been re painted with a collage of uprights & crossbars

3 Likes

I am huge fan of Oshea and Zach, but am rooting big time for Sask. Zach has not played for the longest time as compared to other 3 remaining teams