Head to Head: Who has the edge in the Grey Cup?

While you might not believe it, we have reached the 108th Grey Cup.

In an unparalleled sprint the likes of which we, hopefully will never experience again, the two teams that lingered in your memory the most through a canceled 2020 CFL season have done the work necessary to reintroduce themselves on the game’s grandest stage.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/07/head-head-edge-grey-cup-4/

Head to Head: Who has the edge in the Grey Cup?

Hmmmm... let me think (this is hard ..quiet now). I think...maybe... Winnipeg?? Sure. I'll go with Winnipeg there Marshall. Put my ballot in the box, is there a prize?

QB - Winnipeg
RB - Winnipeg
Rec - push if Addison plays, if not WPG
Oline - Winnipeg

Dline - Winnipeg, their rotation players are just better than HAM

LBs - push, not sure how you came up with HAM when the best defensive player in league plays the QB spot on D for the Bombers (also Santos Knox is proven nothing other than taking undisciplined penalties

DBs - Winnipeg

Kicker/Punter - Winnipeg, haven't seen a miss from Castillo this playoff, and also the 2019 All-star at his position

Returner - Winnipeg, Morrow scored against Calgary and rode momentum too..... but did FA at IG Field

Finally coaching - Winnipeg, HAMs are too emotional, I mean come on crying on live TV after a 2019 loss?

Fans - Winnipeg ...... The HAM boo birds will be out in full force before halftime.

1 Like

Balmy weather - Winnipeg

1 Like

Good analysis.
So good I’ve sold my tickets for the game. No point in going now.

3 Likes

[quote="Crash, post:5, topic:75419"]

Good analysis.
So good I've sold my tickets for the game. No point in going now.

[/quote]Instead of the cup coming here, we might just as well send it straight to winnipeg. Why even play the game.
1 Like

Being a favourite is just that, the favourite, and means very little if they don't go out and win. The fact is the game is played on the field and not in the standings. If that was the case, it would have been Hamilton hoisting the Grey Cup in 19. As a Blue Bomber fan, do believe with the team they have, there is a great opportunity for them to go into a hostile environment and beat Hamilton but can't help but think it will be a nail biter. Lets hope for a classic

2 Likes

Not if we get to Collaros first! That will be a different story.

1 Like

The Bombers may find it difficult to play in the Hamilton weather heatwave. Advantage Hamilton. :sunny: :hotsprings:

Orlondo is the smarter coach and could outfox O'Shea who is a great coach. Orlondo is known as the handsome fox by many in the Hammer. Advantage Hamilton. :fox_face: :hammer: :hammer:

Well since just about everyone says Winnipeg. :thinking: Guess I should just sell my Grey Cup ticket and stay home. Certainly don't want to watch a complete repeat of 2019. :-1: :grinning: LOL :wink:

On paper and on television, there is no question in my eyes the Bombers are the bigger, stronger team unless my eyes are deceiving me. If the Ticats are still in this game by halftime I'd be astonished. I wouldn't bet my money on the Ticats. I think they're going to get run over and steamrolled by a way tougher team. Simoni Lawrence can talk all he wants but that's gonna be another lost Grey Cup to add to the recent ticat collection.

1 Like

WHY? Stampeder, do want to join with the football grinches :japanese_goblin: :japanese_goblin:

At Katmandu, I am proud that the Cats have a collection of recent Grey Cup appearances because it proves that in the Hammer we have got football smarts and the Grey Cup win will come eventually. The 2020 Hamilton team was to be the greatest CFL team ever assembled but the season was cancelled. The Cats are still honoured for their determination by hosting their own party. Kudos I say, to the Fierce Tiger-Cats.

The clock is about to strike midnight, and O'Shea & Co about to turn back into pumpkins... Ticats win convincingly

1 Like

Bodog taking action on Mike O'Shea showing up to the awards ceremony in his hoodie and touque. Better odds than wearing a tuxedo

It’s suppossed to be a fantastic day weather wise, we’ll take it!

On paper, Winnipeg looks stronger but they're not so far ahead that the outcome is a foregone conclusion. If they play like they did in the WF, they might find themselves in real trouble. I suspect Hamilton is more capable of capitalizing on mistakes than Saskatchewan was and the Bombers aren't going to have the crowd on their side this time.

3 Likes

Tables turned from lastyear. Last year we were told by all the fans that the Bombers didn't stand a chance. Yet the team went in there and kicked their butt.
Will Hamilton put up a fight this time, in front of their home crowd?

2 Likes

Is this a serious question? Winnipeg might have a chance in a neutral site like 2019, but Hamilton finally gets a GC in the east, and at home as it so happens.

They're in our yard now, and they're not going to have a good time.

2 Likes