HC candidates in BC and Toronto?

Well, it is now past the 48 hour waiting period after the Grey Cup.
I assume that discussions have begun?

Damon Allen.

Wonder if any of the following might garner consideration for an assistant general manager spot:

1. Country Joe Mack - former Bomber GM

2. Lord Lyle Bauer - previous GM & CEO, President of Wpg. Blue Bombers

3. Brendan Taman - former GM in Winnipeg & Sask’n

4. Mike Kelly - former GM in Winnipeg

Lets be frank - most of these guys aren’t well-equipped to even be considered as CFL GMs anymore. However, the majority - have the knowledge and some expertise to be considered for lower level management jobs.

btw - I didn’t put former bomber CEO/President Garth Butchko on the list because his short-lived term w/ the Bombers was more an Aprils Fool prank gone wrong than anything else.

Yep like others have pointed out this title is common.

Guys like Noel Thorpe was asst HC in Montreal
Benevides has it in Edmonton.
There’s more.

Doesn’t mean a lot.

isn’t Mack with the Als as AGM?

Yeah, I actually believe every team has an AHC.

Basically, it means that they are more involved with prep than other coordinators and such. Of all the other coaches…they are the right hand. Often, the HC will step away some and try to do wider observation of team activities, and when this happens it will generally be the AHC that takes the leadership role for the duration. They also sometimes are more involved in final player evaluations.

Another name I forgot to include is Kent Austin.
If he’s healthy I could absolutely see him tackling Toronto as long as he doesn’t have to interact with the velcro Pinball who fired him as OC there back in the day for not using Ricky Williams enough.

Naylor put it out there that there is some Argo / Austin potential interest.

ahhh…it makes sense.

Argos, Lions granted permission to interview Stampeders DC DeVone Claybrooks

DeVone Claybrooks is in demand.
The Toronto Argonauts and B.C. Lions have asked and received permission to interview Claybrooks for their vacant head coach positions, per sources.Toronto fired Marc Trestmanafter the 2018 regular season whileWally Buono retiredafter one final year in B.C.
Meanwhile Claybrooks has been offered a defensive line position coaching job with the Dallas Cowboys for 2019. Current Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli was the defensive line coach in Tampa Bay when Claybrooks played for the Buccaneers. The pair won a Super Bowl together in 2002.

MORE HERE

http://3downnation.com/2018/11/28/argos-lions-granted-permission-to-interview-stampeders-defensive-coordinator-devone-claybrooks/

Have to assume the majority of interviews have been conducted, perhaps a small number this weekend.

Would be totally surprised if one shoe (job) didn’t drop/announce on Monday or Tuesday during prime-time sports announcement period (maximizing publicity against the backdrop of lower NHL/NFL schedule, etc.)

Toronto should announce first. Hervey will dilly-dally at least another week to 10 days! immo

Please take Mack!! No questions asked… he’s all yours!

I can assure you that no professional football executive with an ounce of sanity wants anything to do with Hobo Joe and his 11 yr old styrofoam coffee cup - hence why he’s working under Kavis . . .

You can have them both!

Stienauer is off the list as per Ticats.ca

Smart move - 75% (or more) chance he could really soil his career future under Popp or in Wallytown

Farhan Lalji?Verified account
[ltr]@FarhanLaljiTSN[/ltr]
1h1 hour ago
Hearing that DeVone Claybrooks interviewed with the #Argos today and that Paul Lapolice will be in tomorrow.
I think Lapo would be a great fit in Toronto and could get the most out of that QB situation. And I think DC ends up with #BCLions when the dust settles. @CFLonTSN

19m19 minutes ago
To clarify, Claybrooks met with #Argos brass tonight. Formal interview tomorrow (Sat). Lapo to follow.
Claybrooks to interview with #BCLions early next week. And yes there is also NFL interest in him. @CFLonTSN

Winnipeg will be in deep trouble if LaPolice bolts to Toronto.

Yes, Buck Pierce was the QB coach but who knows whether the Canadian Mafia would have full trust in him.

Perhaps the return of the prodigal son, Khari Jones?

26m26 minutes ago
More on #Argos coaching search. Tommy Condell & Noel Thorpe have already been interviewed. #RedBlacks OC Jamie Elizondo to be interviewed tomorrow. @CFLonTSN

Okay, I’ll bite. That math is based on…??