have a problem with our released players!

OK i noticed we released a bunch of players and some of them i dont understand

heres the list of players that were released that i feel shouldnt have been released.

Quinton Caver - didnt like this release.Felt he was a good player and would have been a good defensive end. I dont know who this hodge guy is but he better be good.

Fabio Filice- really think this release was stupid on the ticats part. He was pretty effective on the team. we have a bunch of players that are still on the offensive line and there injured and who knows how long they will be injured for. Filice should be on the practice roster at least then.

Talman Gardner - scored the only real touchdown in the last game with Jason Maas and i feel he would have been an asset to this team. Our receiving corps is in a lot of trouble with who we have i think.

Phil Gibson - His experience could help us in case Wayne or Bekasiak ever get injured.

Carl Gourgues and Peter Hogarth - dont understand why you get rid of healthy offensive line people for injured players on the injursed reserve.

Jamacia Jackson- played really well and dont understand why they got rid of him. Had a really good interception in the first preseason game and i hear he plays hard.

Steve Josue- played pretty good overall and we dont have a lot of players for the defensive end spot.

Nick Kordic- Looked good at safety position and this release really suprised me. i would have kept him or at least put him on the practice roster.

Mark Myers- this release was probably the worst release out of everyone. i really feel that he should be on the practice roster. Setta and myers werent always consistent and if setta gets injured at all..were in deep trouble.have myers at least on the PR will give us some relief in case something happens...The kickers were the main reason we won last game.

Kevin Timothee- this defensive back played really well and i would have liked him to stay wtih the team as a backup at least.

ok you say these 10 players should have stayed....Now name ten players that shoulf been cut instead of them....Dont forget about the C.F.L. ratio for Canadians...

since we can't keep two import kickers on our roster then i think it had to be setta cause his punting is superior.
as far as gibson we still got non import depth with reid and dunbrack and im betting gibson will be added to the PR

The practice roster hasn't been released yet...

I was shocked at Bisaillon. I heard he was doing really well.

I dont have any 'problems' with who was released...everyone was obviously cut for a reason, other guys were probably better then them. If injuries happen then these guys can always be added to the roster down the road if they are not picked up by anyone else. I was surprised yes to see guys like Witherspoon and Gardner cut, but obviously the coaching staff didn't see enough out of them. Just because u catch the lone touchdown in a game doesnt prove that you are better than anyone else. look at kevin timothee.. made a nice INT, but also dropped two that were thrown right to him on friday...if you are looking to make a team you have to make those chances count, otherwise you are gone. Nothing else really surprised me, mark myers was too inconsistent, but also was setta but settas punts i thought were much better, so there is not need to keep both. Fabio filice was cut to make room for our young draftpicks who are probably cheaper than him and obviously younger, and who have the potential to develop to be just as good if not better than him. Some of these guys will make it to the PR incase of injuries.

Until we find out who's on the DR, a lot of this is conjecture and straw-grasping...

The players you mentioned above more than likely will be on the practice roster...not all but some. You have to waive the players for a day before you can add them.

Until we find out who's on the DR, a lot of this is conjecture and straw-grasping...
I agree. There is still moves that will be made I am sure and the Development Rosters I dont think can be announced for a few days. I dont remember the time limit but think it is 2-3 days.
OK i noticed we released a bunch of players and some of them i dont understand

heres the list of players that were released that i feel shouldnt have been released.

I can't comment on the whole list but as far as Filice, Hogarth and Gourges, maybe 1-2 end up on the development roster but I think this should be looked at as a positive - how deep are we with talented Canadian OL now with Dyakowski and Gagne-Marcoux (and Ince and Rempel) on board with Hage company to not be able to keep them all.

Looking at the roster, we are at the top of the league for young, Canadian talent which only bodes well for us!

Marcel said 4pm today on the TC show.

4ticats7 wrote:

I agree. There is still moves that will be made I am sure and the Development Rosters I dont think can be announced for a few days. I dont remember the time limit but think it is 2-3 days.

Marcel said 4pm today on the TC show.

2-3 days, 4 pm today... close enough :slight_smile: Thanks JFL

As I have Said 2 Other Threads Talman Gardner
Is Still With The Team. He was at The Party at 1 Javis St. He'll be on the Practice Roster Tomorow. As Well a Few Other Names on 1st Posters Lists Above.