Has there EVER been so much uncertainty in the East?

…so you’re conceding…1st or second to the Bombers in 2011… :lol: I thought we’d get there also but I guess you have a premonition of our meteoric rise :rockin:

Hmmmm..... you asked for an option. Next year, "Anything can happen. Anyone can win."
The only meteoric rise is in your hopes! :slight_smile:

Nice game today though. Congrats!

There are a number of options missing. Where's the option for the Argos and Ticats finishing in 4th and either being eliminated or crossing over?

You’re correct. There are a number of options missing. In fact, there are 48 potential outcomes. Sign the petition supporting a publicly built stadium in Winnipeg plus send me an email condemning the Asper stadium deal & I’ll tell you what they are.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/BomberBuilders

While a consensus is emerging, as I expected, the injury situation and the lack of a clear favorite in the East Division playoff race is what makes this situation so intriguing. The Bombers could conceivably finish first and the Als could find themselves out of the playoffs, but neither is likely to happen.

Oddsmakers would have field day with this!

I appreciate the kind words but I think the Cats are still better than the Bombers right now. Not only for the fact that they killed us in the series but Bombers need to start consistently winning games. The 7 points or less thing doesnt count, we need W`s.

If Jyles walks into the end zone on the last play in game 3 HAM-WPG, the season series likely ends in a 2-2 saw-off. “Killed us in the series” is a manic delusion. I doubt Bombers are having nightmares about what might happen if they were somehow able to meet KG & the puttytats in the playoffs.

In 2008-2010, the Tabbies have allowed themselves to get too pumped up after emotional victories and have paid dearly for it when they crashed afterwards.

eg: Semifinal 2008, the fishing boat incident; dreams of Lord Grey are shattered by reality in Montreal.
2009: After finishing 2nd in the East, the puttytats are mauled by the Lions on their home turf.
2010: After 2 surprise wins over Toronto, Hamilton forgets to show up for the battle for 1st place against Montreal.

Manic depression has shattered many lives. Football teams with the same affliction should be more careful :wink:

You can rationalize all you like, Cats still took the series 3-1.

I'm fully expecting Montreal to take 1st, Hamilton 2nd and Toronto 3rd. Hamilton has taken both the Toronto and Winnipeg series so they have an edge getting into 2nd.

The question now becomes, does Winnipeg get into the East or West playoffs. BC is doing better now, but Edmonton is continuing to stink it up.

:? Are you talking about Edmonton beating the Bombers in Winnipeg? Don't recall a fishing boat, or Mount Royal....

NO. Actually it was 2009, before the BC game. My memory was fuzzy on the year it happened. For the Bombers it was a playoff game by 21st century standards.

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story/2009/11/10/sp-football-ticats-fine.html]http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story ... -fine.html[/url]

1st: Montreal will take the East....Calvillo or McPherson....hands down

2nd: Despite losing to the Alouettes, Hamilton will take second....mainly by default
Alouettes have shown the league how to take the TiCats...blitz 'em if you have 'em

3rd: Winnipeg is underrated. Their defense is huge...getting better every game. Jyles is coming into his own

4th: Crossover? Toronto is the biggest bubble EVER to burst. Last in almost EVERY offensive and defensive stat...only Corey
Boyd and his big heart has kept them afloat. But his heart ain't at issue...is it? Only TO would get excited over a Lemon.
(I'm thinking 4th wasn't even a choice for the Argos in the poll because of statistical impossibility...nevertheless I think they'll find a way to pull it off :wink: )

:cowboy:

remember 2005?

the renegades sat on top of the east division at 5-3 going into the by-week.

then they went 2-8 after the break and missed the playoffs.

sounds very similar to the 2010 argos.

Before the season started, I had the Argos going 6-12 at best in 2010. They'll definitely do better than 6-12, but I'm not sure it will be that much better. In fact I'll wager that they'll end up with a losing record. Outside of Boyd it's a pop-gun offense and the defense isn't really anything to write home about. They've bee living on the run and gadget plays and it's catching up to them now.

After two consecutive seasons where the West crossed over to the East I am just happy the division has improved enough to prevent this from happening this year.

Toronto. Once again what is Rita doing ? Where is the scouting ? Barker did a great job in the short time he had but once camp starts his coaching duties become pretty much full time and there is no one to continue sourcing talent. A real shame...

Boyd needs time to heal from that concussion, I hope he takes the time required, this being his second this year.

Winnipeg, I am not sold, they came out like champs in week one then died for over a month now they play another great game, let's see if they can stick a few together before I am ready to buy they've turned the corner. Looked good on the weekend but I need to see more.

I'm not sold on Winnipeg, mainly because I'm not sold on any team with Kavis Reed as a coordinator. But we'll see.