HARSH REALITY

..THE BOMBERS PUT IN A GOOD EFFORT AGAINST A GOOD TEAM....BUT CAME UP SHORT....THE TALENT LEVEL ON THIS TEAM WAS MEASURED EXACTLY THAT...SHORT...AND PROBABLY THE WAY THEY WILL END THE SEASON....GOOD EFFORT GUYS....BUT ALL YOU GET IS 'E'..FOR EFFORT...MAYBE THE 'W'S WILL FOLLOW NEXT YEAR...I KNOW WHY ? 'NOW'....THE REASON, THEY DON'T FILL THE STANDS....'SKEPTICAL'... WOULD BE THE PRIMARY WORD FOR A TRUE BLUE BOMBER SUPPORTER...UNTIL THEY CONVERT THE SKEPTICS AND CONVINCE FANS THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL....ANOTHER LOSS AT HOME WILL JUST SOLIDFY ALL OF THE SKEPTICISM...NICE TRY GUYS... MAYBE WE CAN SECURE A QUARTERBACK NEXT YEAR ...WHO COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE... :thup:

I dont agree papa. That was a real close game and could have gone either way. Dont count them out just yet!

Missed opportunities really cost them tonight, they did not look sharp on either side of the ball, but 12 carries for Roberts in a game is not Bomber football combined with dropped balls. We need our injured guys back.

...OH I'M NOT COUNTING THEM OUT JUST YET.....JUST A LITTLE SKEPTICAL...I KNOW A LOT OF THE PLAYERS PUT OUT A 100 PER CENT...JUST CAME UP SHORT THAT'S ALL....WHETHER THAT HAS TO DO WITH COACHING OR JUST A MEASURED AMOUNT OF TALENT I DON'T KNOW?????BUT THE COMING WEEKS WILL DEFINITELY SEPARATE THE GRAIN FROM THE CHAFF AS FAR AS PLAYER PERSONELL GOES...AND FOR NEXT YEAR ...I DON'T WANT THE CHAFF AROUND...(for the definition of chaff ..look up in farmers almanac..lol)....relates to unwanted and useless :thdn:

....papa, Future Shop has a sale on keyboards in case yours has it's Cap Lock button stuck.....I agree with ro, while the loss is stinging in your eyes right now it was a pretty damn close game and a few caught passes by the BBs could have made the difference...your D looked pretty decent again...

...OH REDW...don't try and induce any false hopes here...i think the fans are smart enough to see what they actually have....and it comes up short...hence the term harsh reality....We could make the play-offs which would be a great improvement from last year,,,,but i think seeing the results of this game tonight shows ...the team HAS improved ...but we have a LONG WAY to go....sorry about the button :lol: :roll:

Could!!!!!!!!!
You darn well better make them..
If you dont it means the (gulp) smoes do!

...oh for God's sake no....NO CROSSOVER, DO YOU HERE ME!!!!....

Yes dad now you see what I have seen since the start of the season! The Bombers are nothing more then Eskimos east this year. Time to open another bottle of hooch! You are right loooooooong waaaaaaaaaay toooooooo goooooooo! ha ha You can always cheer for a good team. The crow is going in the oven Dad for you and piggy! I am going to excuse Hank because well he has had enough crow cheering for the bombers all those years before the roman empire!

What I witness tonight was two heavy weights trading shots...great game Montreal, you threw over hand rights at the start of the game..but the Bombers recovered and showed a whole lot of Class.....this game has built Bomber character..Now we know...Go Bombers..

It's obvious that there were two evenly matched teams out on the field. For both games to be decided by less than a touchdown shows that one or two plays made the difference. Nice to the see Glenn reignite the Rider connection with Armstrong. Wait til the two of them have a few more games under their belt!

papa i gotta agree with everyone else on the thread. I went to the game and although the bombers D couldn't defend the short pass. they were amking tackles and had some good defences standsagainst the run. and the trick plays the the als started the game with hurt us. Offensively derrick armstrong had a great game with his first td as a bomber and some mor ebig plays. Kevin Glenn didn;t have a good game really he was missing recievers a fair bit but still threw some nice passesand roberts broke out for some nice runs. it was a good game by both teams.

And the crowd was amazing behind the bombers until the last als drive when they took the knee. Although most of us got pissed off and the BS call of electronic noise interference!

I don't think there is going to be a CO this year either, our boys put up a great game, and are contenders in the playoffs.

also the harsh reality regarding Kevin Glenn IS.....he is a great back-up qb.trying to carry the load of a starter for the Bombers .... however the BigBlue have to go with Kevin now till the end of the year in that role....and i'm predicting ....that will be all for Glenn as the main qb.for this team... He demonstrates no leadership and take charge qualities that a 'winner' should display....his lack of emotion ..and brutal play selection will cost him his no. 1 position...He cannot be depended on to win the close tough ones...He's great one play...and stinks the next....Bombers main aim right now should be to secure a quality qb. ...and that won't be easy....But if this team ...which has made great strides this year...is going to take the next step....IT IS A MUST....here's hoping :roll:

How is it a harsh reality that glenn sux. almost all of us knew that last year. I hope the blue and gold terminate his contract and find some1 who can really play

The harsh reality is that Glenn is 7 - 5 as our starter this season and he comes about as cheap as you can get in this league. So unless he completely schitz the bed, we are stuck with him.

The real problem from what I have seen so far is that Glenn and Gibson are not on the same page of that 750 page playbook. The opening drive against Montreal was executed about as good as you get and resulted in a TD. It was heavily taylored to who else, but Roberts and play action. Then it was all down hill from there. Its not hard to figure out.

Glenn is fine.

Three areas to fix for next year.

(1)Get a real General Manager. Taman is an assistant at best.

(2) Get a starting QB. Glenn is a good back up at best.

(3) Get some receivers that can hang onto the ball. Besides Stegall, (Armstrong looked not bad) the rest of your receiving core seem to have a bad case of the "Dropsies".

I also agree Brazzel should hit the road. There's a reason why Edmonton and BC let him go. Bombers if they want to improve should let him go to!

I like those suggestions sporty but easier said them done.....the issue is and has always been about the dollars and cents which we just dont have enough of. Taman is a book keeper trying to be a GM, he has no scouts looking for those diamonds in the rough.