Happy Aboriginal Day

The Argos drafted Sage Doxtator last year. He's Oneida. I believe he's signed with New Orleans in the NFL now, so who knows if he'll ever play in the CFL.

There was a time in the US when an all-indigenous team was arguably the best in the country, led by Jim Thorpe.

3 Likes

I resemble that remark. Hope the meds work but even if they do giant rodents will still be inhabiting this site, nothing they can do about that. I hope they work for the cannibal thing because that's bad, even with holopchi. And where is Dave? He must have found himself a pretty good Aboriginal Day party, hope so.

1 Like

Jacob Firlotte is a 6'3" db on B.C.'s practice roster that played with the Langley Rams. Only 27. Mason Fine may also have Indigenous heritage.

Canadian Indigenous people make up 12% of the Canadian population and are one of the prime markets that are not being developed. Coaching is a big first step.

The Ottawa Gee-Gees have an indigenous QB on their roster. Hopefully he can get some spolight to inspire other young indigenous players.

Here's a few articles on the CFL's history (and present) regarding indigenous players.

4.9% self identify.
I actually have a half brother who lives on reserve.
He did the 23 and me and found out he is only actually 4% Indigenous blood.
Those tests arent 100% accurate, but he would still be less than 25% just from what we know. Anyways, the point is, he has a status card, and shows it pretty much everytime he goes fishing or hunting.. Lol.
It has become more of an identity and less of a blood issue. Troy Westwood identifies as a indigenous despite having 0 blood as far as he knows because he and was adopted
He refuses to do the 23 me, because he feels OK just identifying with it

1 Like

Hello Friend(s)

3 Likes

I'm Judge Dredd. LOL!

3 Likes

Dave IS the Law.

Dredd

3 Likes