Happy Aboriginal Day

Aneen, Neeji.

Have a happy First Nations Day.

Dave

8 Likes

I hope it is not just another statutory government holiday but good excuse if it is.

Love that Vancouver and Toronto are doing a good job of promoting and involving Indigenous culture. One day soon we will have a star.

1 Like

Yoo too Dave! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

EnjoyšŸ‘

You too.

Nice that they chose the longest day of the year for this celebration.

Would you mind translating ā€œAneen, Neejiā€?

BTW, I moved your thread from the little-used off-topic subforum to the main CFL Talk one. I think itā€™s OK here for now.

2 Likes

Yeah, if you would. I Googled ā€˜Aneen, Neejiā€™ and a bunch of Japanese Anime came up.

1 Like

Letā€™s just assume Google is wrong this time. Hard to believe. I think Iā€™ll wait for Daveā€™s explanation. We might not believe him on the UFO stuff but Iā€™ll defer to his judgment here. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It IS hard to believe. You think Dave has ā€˜judgementā€™?

How many players in tbe CFL are close to being full blooded indigenous?
I know Dane Evans is proud of his indigenous heritage, but he is definitely below 50% indigenous blood and would not qualify as a dual citizen under the Jay Treaty.

Be nice or he may not answer us, I do want to get his answer now. Calling Dave Da Hammer, come in Dave!

1 Like

We kid. Daveā€™s the greatest thing since sliced borscht.

Iā€™m not sure why this came up twice. I feel I must type something.

Daveā€™s the greatest thing since sliced borscht WITH HAGGIS.

Recently I changed my avatar, and will change it back after sending this post.

I attended a celebration to "Honouring Our Children" on June 15 2022 in the city of Portage la Prairie Mb.
I'm including a photo of the program, it was amazing. My best friends Granddaughter danced the Red River Jig during the Kinew Metis Council, "Youth Dancers"

Google Photos

6 Likes

Is that a compliment? Iā€™m really not sure. I donā€™t really like either of those. Donā€™t tell my wife(Ukranian decent) or my best bud (a Scotsman, from Scotland even, man can they drink!)

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to like borscht but you gotta like Dave.

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to like Dave, But everybody loves Borscht. P. S. I like Dave with perogies, holopchi and a dollop of sour cream.

1 Like

somehow that doesnt sound right

2 Likes

Yaā€¦ youā€™re correct, keep in mind I spend a great deal of time conversing with rodents on this site and itā€™s Tuesday, So by Thursday Iā€™ll be better. Hopefully my new prescription will kick in by then.

4 Likes

When we say that thereā€™s no cannibalism in the CFL what we mean is, we have the situation relatively under control.

3 Likes

in the mean time, stick with chili on your hot frogs

Not sure how many. I know Maleek Irons and Papi White of the Ticats also have some Indigenous heritage. Thereā€™s probably many more we donā€™t know of.

Anyway Dave, hope you had a happy Aboriginal Day.