Hammer Time: Ticats come to terms with Bo Levi Mitchell

HAMILTON – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats rolled the dice and they got their man.

Bo Levi Mitchell has signed a three-year contract with the Ticats, ensuring the two-time Grey Cup champion and two-time CFL Most Outstanding Player will stay in Steeltown through 2025.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2023/01/24/hammer-time-ticats-come-to-terms-with-bo-levi-mitchell/

BLM is washed. i hope Dane Evans returns to the donut hole to kick his old team’s arse lol.

1 Like

haha the Stamps fleeced the Ticats. they got a bunch of decent draft capital for an old broken arm they weren’t going to re-sign.

1 Like

I wouldn't say washed....he needs a QB for a quarterback. Most of his problems is he gets sloppy with his throwing mechanics and then it all goes to heck in a hand basket.

Hope Hamilton has time to get some of the massive list of free agents signed.....

2 Likes

I disagree. Bo has skill AND class. Something some people lack…

4 Likes

Kate B will be happier he’s closer to the dot now

It basicly cost the Ticats a 2nd and a 3rd round draft pick for a #1 QB
the rest is pretty much a wash
Now they are free to trade Dane Evans to acquire assets

3 Likes

i guess it depends on how one values BLM. not a #1 IMO.

I’m looking at it as a mild surprise that he signed but good for the Ticats in that they are now able to move forward with building the rest of their team.

However, I’m in the camp that believes Bo is running on fumes and won’t be able to come close to his 2018 form and reverse the last five years of poor to middling play. We’ll see.

3 Likes

i’m of the opinion that Dane has untapped potential that needs to be extracted somehow. in that ridiculous win against the Bombers i think he played better than i’d ever seen Bo play. he gives flashes of outstanding play sometimes and it seems to be a mental thing for him (he even admits as much). he definitely could use a change of scenery. i hope they don’t keep him behind Bo.

1 Like

Cats had to sign him. They couldn't go back to Evans, lose a draft pick & Bo after investing this much capital in him. This clears up the QB situation somewhat. Look for the 'Cats to trade Evans (Riders ???) to try & regain a 2nd or 3rd rounder in this year's draft they gave up for Beard & Mitchell.

They got what they wanted so hats off to them.

3 Likes

Yeah, Hamilton hasn't signed any of them but Bo kinda put things on hold. Now if the Riders can solve their QB dilemna & announce a QB coach & receivers coach signing, maybe they can start signing up some FA's who may be waiting to see what happens with their QB situation. Still 36 FA's left & 2 weeks before the window opens for agents to put deals on the table in the week before free agency. Time to go after Evans in a trade. Can't be too soon.

2 Likes

Ticats fans seem generally happy with this deal for now. i hope for the sake of Ticats forum peace it pans out in the way they expect.

1 Like

if i’m Stamps OC i’d want to run an offence with Tommy Stevens and Kadeem Carey in wildcat or some run option every play.

If a QBs mental game is in question they're done. Evans showed a couple flashes over a couple years, but was constantly shown on the TV in a state of the unknown. Same goes for V. Adams, a GC will never be won with either of these guys as the #1's

I am happy for the Ticats and Mitchell (including his family). I think Mitchell still has some fuel in his tank and will perform well in his new envirnoment as long as the Ticats build him a decent O line. Bo Levi is a pocket passer and really can't perform if he has to run out of the pocket all day. The receivers and Bo need to jell quickly if they are going to have any success. 2 years ago that didn't happen with Mitchell when he was still playing in red & White . The result was a disasterous year. If the QB & Receivers get used to each other's play the Eastern Division is going to see some real competition. Good luck Mitchel and the Ticat organization.

3 Likes

Hamilton will start to develop a quarterback but never finished the job
If they get frustrated with a quarterback they'll trade for somebody's leftovers
Which is what they've done now
They should have written it out with Dane even if they don't win the grey cup in 23

I see a trade to Saskatchewan for Dane

i remember people giving up on Collaros the same way

1 Like

Not so much gave up on him but afraid to play him with the concussion issue... Biggest worry was the law suit factor if he ever got hurt again. Remember this was at the apex with the concussion problems in both the NFL and the cfl. Glad he got the chance to prove his mettle.

3 Likes

The comments here are hilarious there is currently 1 quarterback in this league that ranks higher IMO
Bo will make Hamilton a instant contender
Congrats 19 I hope you kick Dickinheads ass

4 Likes