Hamilton's 2007 1st round draft pick ?????

Can anyone help me here? Does Hamilton still have it's first round draft pick for 2007 or has it been traded away ? Oskee WeeWee always

The Cats have their own and the Riders 1st round pick.

Thanks trailorparkboy for the update.

Conditional on whether Ottawa comes back I predict we get 2+4 overall. Without Ottawa it'll be 1+3

why should Ottawa get a draft pick, they never played this year it's bad enough they can scoop players off teams, they shouldn't be allowed a Draft pick and if they are it should be 9th of overall.

Expansions Team Always get a High Pick

According to the interview I saw with the chairperson of the "Expansion Comittee", there will be no Ottawa Franchise next year. The CFL will remain an 8 team league for 2007. In 2008, Ottawa will be back in the fold.

So based on that, Ottawa will NOT have a pick in the 2007 Canadian College Entry Draft.

Cheers

DVD
The Bassman

8)

QB/WR Jabari Arthur, 6-4, 220, Akron (Soph)

He can play WR or QB has Great Size and Speed..

[quote="catfan4life"]According to the interview I saw with the chairperson of the "Expansion Comittee", there will be no Ottawa Franchise next year. The CFL will remain an 8 team league for 2007. In 2008, Ottawa will be back in the fold.

So based on that, Ottawa will NOT have a pick in the 2007 Canadian College Entry Draft.quote]

when was this interview?

Ted Hellard was on Prime Time Sports (radio) last week, which is simulcast on Sportsnet. Maybe this is the interview he's referring to.
Hellard said it was more likely that the team would start up in 2008, but it would be up to the owners to decide if they thought they could be ready by 2007. IIRC he said Jeff Hunt's group is aiming for '08.

Onknight has identified a very good player as the potential first choice in the 2007 CFL Canadian Draft. Wide receiver Jabari Arthur has excellent size and good speed. The only drawbacks are that Arthur will still be playing NCAA football in 2007 and, if he keeps playing the way he is playing now, Arthur will draw interest from NFL teams as a possible draftee or free agent in 2008.

The question is whether a CFL team will take an early gamble on Jabari Arthur knowing that he might not be available until at least September, 2008, if at all. As the Ticats will have two early first round picks in 2007, maybe the Ticats can afford to use one of those picks to select Arthur.