Hamilton vs BC Game Day Thread Sunday July 7, 2024

Fire Mark Washington now or later? You guys have already thoroughly discussed this question at length between witch burnings I’m sure.

IMHO if you fire him now you’d pretty much have to elevate an existing TigerCat Assistant. Either that or have your GM step into the role… although he might also be gone once the dust settles.

I was amazed that no one took OC Buck Pierce from us at the end of last season and made him their HC. He and Corey Mace were on Saskatchewan’s short list. Both of those guys are/were good choices. Now you’ll probably have to wait until the end of the current season to grab Pierce if you want him. I don’t think Kyle Walters will let him leave with four months to go until playoff time.

Right now I guess CFL Panel pundits Barker or Lapo COULD make decent temps. Khari Jones might still be available. But other than that… it’s a pretty big question mark.

1 Like

I would disagree. The recent BC @ Ham game notwithstanding, the '24 seasons CFL games have been quite close and entertaining.

2 Likes

5 years vs 5 weeks.

1 Like

Orlondo Steinauer.

3 Likes

Even that game last night between the Cats and Lions was entertaining watching Adams and BC play excellent football, although if you’re a real diehard Cats fan, ok, most likely not entertaining much.

The lack of discipline seems to be much better after the first two games for the Riders. Time will tell though.

1 Like

Edmonton lost a couple of seasons because of the ops cap. It will take them a decade tovrecover the lost fans. The ops cap is literally the worst thing for the cfl right now.

3 Likes

I lasted 8 minutes and turned it off. The play was unwatchable.

3 Likes

Heard that about the sun on the East side. We “squatted” on some empty seats on your side until the 2nd quarter. Sun is brutal on the East side.

I guess you don’t appreciate Vernon Adams and what that offence was doing. I sure appreciated it.

Playing catch while the defense stands and watches?
Not my idea of exciting.

2 Likes

Well that is the beauty watching how BC took advantage of an inept defence. I’m a huge VA fan as you can tell, I wish the best for him even though living in Hamilton I’m a TiCat fan at heart, but that heart is fading I’ll admit. Mind you I can always cheer for the team I cheered for growing up, the Argos, wasn’t living in Hamilton at the time. :slight_smile:

I have every confidence he will straighten that out

@Squishy