Hamilton vs BC Game Day Thread Sunday July 7, 2024

The game of the week kicks off with the most dedicated fans in the CFL from Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton.

5 Likes

Lol…not even close to the most dedicated fans in the CFL. Look at the stands during the game and you will see lots of empty seats. Constant losing can do that to an organization.

On the otherhand, take a look at the Tiger Cat discussion forum. The most active talk forum in the league and that is what’s going on. All in all they love their team as much as the Roughrider fans do.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure this will be my avatar tomorrow. :wink:
IMG_6411

4 Likes

Love it, absolutely love it

I’m in the stands during the games in Hamilton and I can tell you, that while they may not be quite sell outs, there are a LOT of fans in the Stipley (south end) social area, more in the Stelco (north end) social area and and often quite a few fans watching from the concourse area. The stands opposite the player benches (east side) which are often shown can be hot when the sun is shining , so many fans aren’t sitting in their seats. I’m on the west side and our section (and those around us) are usually packed.

1 Like

I certainly hope not! It’s time for a WIN!

1 Like

Many fans end up near stripley / behind the one end zone especially the fans in there 20s / 30s .

1 Like

Yeah i know Tomorrow’s game wasnt sold out as of 7 pm since i was able to use a link Ticats sent me for a upper level ticket , i myself end up near stripley since can take photos there all i want and also see the game better from there too . I have something i can get vernon adams to sign post game and i need a distraction from grief

5 Likes

Hi Jon, so after the game discussion today a new Post game thread can/should be started by anyone? I do think this is done in the Tiger Cat Forum.

1 Like

The system will start one with a summary of the game, usually within 10–15 minutes of the final whistle. That is what I referred to as the post game thread in yesterday’s in game thread. Another one will then appear a little later about 3 takeaways from the game. Posts about the game have usually taken place in both new threads as well as the in game thread. There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a Hamilton like post game thread if they wish. I’m guessing it hasn’t happened as there were previously at least 3 other threads to discuss the game in so it wasn’t necessary.

I have always let the in game threads carry on unless they get way out of hand or carry on unnecessarily for weeks, which rarely happens. I note that the Hamilton moderators often shut down their in game threads after the game but usually not immediately and more commonly a few days later.

I have no interest in shutting down a game thread immediately after the game or even at all and typically it does carry on for several hours even though all posts are technically off topic once the game ends. Yesterday the “thread police” (can’t get the crappy Cheap Trick song out of my head now) started complaining and flagging off topic posts on the in game thread that in my view weren’t bothering anyone and which have habitually taken place in most in game threads. As some of these were made by me I didn’t want to appear biased so I shut down the thread and the interesting discussion as technically the thread police were correct about the off topic nature of the posts and indeed any post in that thread was off topic after the game was over.

It also takes time and effort to moderate flags and I wanted to avoid that extra time and effort for the moderators. I do not intend to shut down the game thread tonight, which has been the norm, but if there are more complaints or flags regarding off topic posts then I will have no choice but to do so as they would be technically correct. So my laissez-faire approach would have to give in to the thread police. Otherwise I intend to continue follow the live and let live principle and not censor any discussion that I would normally view as just a little harmless thread wandering.

6 Likes

Apparently both teams are wearing their grey jerseys…

This is going to be rough to watch lol

4 Likes

Might be yet another black eye for the f cfl?

1 Like

To me, this game hinges on whether Hamilton’s defence can stop Vernon Adams, Alexander Hollins, & the rest of that Lions offence. If Washington’s D can generate some big plays and tighten up the pass coverage, Hamilton can win. Having Hendrix back on the DL will help. But it’s by no means certain.

1 Like

Beautiful weather in Hamilton for the game.

4 Likes

The Ti-Cats alt jersey just wants me to get hammered. Not a fan.

And BC are wearing their white jersies.

2 Likes

Hopefully a huge night for Sam Bridges.

Just won’t t happen… But I am wrong far far more than I am correct

Advantage defence with the same damn helmets
Why does the cfl allow this???

1 Like