Hamilton TigerCats running Backs

Don Jackson was listed as starting against the Bombers but did not, not sure if he was on the sideline, His average is 3.7 yds, Wes Hills average was 5.8 vs the Bombers and added much improved pass blocking, STE average is 6.8 , almost 7 yds.!!! Question ; who should be the starting RB for the rest of the season ? And could STE leave as a FA like Banks did ?

Just asking here, but where was Don Jackson ever listed as the starter against the Bombers? Hills came onto the roster to replace Jackson who came off the roster.

Jackson was listed on the active and still is and Hills was and is on the P R list on the Tigercat app

STE re- signed here in the off season. Not sure if it was for 1 or 2 years but he could have easily left at that time. I like him as a change of pace guy and he can break off the odd big run and make some people miss. As an every down back I’m not sure he’s the guy who can get you the tough 3 or 4 yards on second down when the defence is lined up to stop the run. The combo of Hills and STE or Hills/Jackson ( ratio permitting) would be special.

Running back is probably one of the hardest positions on the body. Any time these guys carry the ball they get hit by 3 or 4 people, and on passing downs they’re often called on to pick up a blitzing linebacker. When someone like Hills comes in fresh you sometimes notice a change and they stand out because they don’t have all these lingering issues from getting beaten up over a series of games. After a few games he might start to wear down as well. That’s why it’s nice to have a few talented backs that can rotate. I’d say Hills probably gets the start again in Montreal but wouldn’t be surprised to see Jackson back starting after the bye week.

I believe a number of Ticats signed a 2 year with the sell job no doubt being hosts to the Grey Cup next season.

My take is STE wants to be here.

1 Like

Well that makes sense then because they take a long time to update things. The game to game depth chart accurately tells you who's playing.

Hills and STE are the backs who run hard , block well , and can catch the ball . I'd go with them . :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like