Hamilton Tiger-Cats 2024

Simoni is a real Tiger-Cat and we fans know it . I think he’ll be back at LB with us :+1:t2:

9 Likes

Casey Sayles appears to have restructured his contract.

6 Likes

Post cancelled. Crash & I were posting the same thing, at the same time.

3 Likes

Gotta get up early to beat ottawacat to the CFL transactions page :wink:

3 Likes

More money for Betts? Timmeh? Player X?

1 Like

I would think just some housekeeping. We have loads of cap room. Doubt they’re connected to any particular player.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2024 NFL Regular Season

This is a guy Ticats could take a look at to replace Chris Edwards. Thought he was a big hitter and has the size to play that spot, couldn’t hurt to take a look.

2 Likes

It looks like BC is dumping salary in order to hold on to Betts .

3 Likes

Baron makes sense but Mauger would have been on his first contract.

1 Like

Most salary dumps at this time of year are with bonuses due.

4 Likes

If all 3 player dumps are replaced internally , then those savings can improve the contract offer to Betts . I believe Betts stays in BC and White stays in Hamilton .

3 Likes

Ya gotta also figure that we could probably get him on the cheap .

4 Likes

I don’t know what this means.
Cutting a player due to make a bonus definitely saves money. Cutting a player on his rookie deal does not.

2 Likes

Get the sense that this position will just be an open competition at camp with a bunch of American rookies and possibly Flowers-Lloyd. So might as well add a guy with a couple years of experience in the league and see how he makes out.

1 Like

Exactly . It certainly couldn’t hurt .

1 Like
5 Likes

Mauger’s rookie deal would be over, with '23 having been the option year of his first contract. The Lions releasing him, before the start of free agency, suggests, to me, that he already has a deal with another team. Perhaps he’s been looking to play, closer to home? For him, there’s no CFL city closer than Hamilton.

Interesting as he was not set to become a free agent on the tracker.

That would me, assuming rather than researching.
I, now, see a report of his contract being extended at the end of his first season ('22). '23 would have been his option year so “extended,” we can guess, would mean a new deal through '24. If that’s the case, then he could have a mid Feb. bonus clause.

6 Likes