Hamilton Ticats 2021 road to the Grey Cup

Collaros can stretch it out when the play calls for it. He’s made several nice, long, highlight reel throws this year.

He can but it’s not his forte. He had 1 pick on a longer pass last night and should have had 2 if the DB bothered to look for the ball. Having taller receivers who can win the 50/50 ball also helps. It’s not a knock on Collaros it’s the bombers style, same as last year, why take chances when you don’t have to.

I wonder how many Peg fans are complaining about winning by 15 when your defense scores 14 points.

1 Like

He’s been very good. Set up with a strong defence, good running game, and solid oline = no fear of making mistakes or needing to put the team on his shoulders, and playing with confidence. He’s enjoying himself and making big plays at the right time.

Some team will have to find a way to break down the Wpg oline and get to Collaros repeatedly. Then he may get rattled. But we haven’t seen anything really close to this yet.

1 Like

Edmonton didn’t do too bad when they started using an NFL style run blitz. Just need to follow that up with better tackling from the DBs to prevent the YAC yards.

You just described the perfect recipe for a QB’s success. Send that on over to Orlondo’s kitchen. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s almost a reverse of 2019 where the ticats dominated the season and the bumers got hot for a 4 week stretch after a late season trade.

This year the bumers are the class of the leauge and just maybe the ticats will be the middling team that gets hot in November.

1 Like

That’s the spirit!

In six weeks you’ll have all three quarterbacks healthy and be in a position to make that block buster trade… sending ONE of them somewhere to get those missing pieces you need at last second. Just like we did in 2019.

It’ll be Winnipeg vs Hamilton again in the rematch. :smiley: :+1:

I don’t recall WPG trading away a starting-caliber QB on the verge of a playoff run. That’s something lost-cause teams do, e.g. TOR 2019.

The Official CFL Simulation had WPG (49% chance) and TOR (33% chance) as favourites to reach the Grey Cup.

CFL SIMULATION: LOVE FOR THE BOMBERS, WARMING TO BC

But that was before this weekend's games. The rankings will change by next week, as this simulation has always been very sensitive to recent games.

It was a ‘conditional trade’ that got Toronto to bite.

If Collaros was washed up as the Argos suspected, then the Bombers would be trading them ‘something for nothing’. If Collaros got signed the following season then the Argos would STILL benefit by getting yet another benefit. Both sides won here. :smiley: :+1:

The CFL simulations are bogus - they’re heavily weighed on the past and then expecting the future to follow the same pattern. This year, more than any, the CFL is so unpredictable.

Trust me, I understand the trade.

Now please tell me the most recent Grey Cup champion to have traded AWAY a proven starting QB in the late stages of the season.

2 Likes

If I may chime in here.
Why would Bombers fans complain when the D scores points?
A defensive turnover will stop drives at any place on field.
A turnover plus points even better. In this case Bombers Kick team is broken, the D is 1/3 of the team, in order to win consistently you need support from all aspects of your team.

But to play devil’s advocate. The Elks not only scored on a turnover but also took point away from the Bombers on a turnover.
So couldn’t that same question be asked of the Elks fans?
Or any other team for that matter.

With due respect, Bombers were a good team in 19 until they lost their QB. They were 7-2 top spot overall, then went 3-5 without a QB. When they got the QB situation fixed they were back to normal. Finished the season & playoffs 4-0

Ironically, Mr. “Without a QB” has gone on to become the first former CFL QB to record an NFL stat in something like 15 years.

1 Like

I was trying not to be long winded, as to not annoy a few people on your safe site.
Allow me to add, Streveler was good on his own, but doesn’t throw the long ball well, he really is half RB/ short pass QB.
Streveler was also injured,.

Why indeed
It was directed at the TI-Cat fans who are complaining about our win.
You must remember the name that is at the top of this forum.

1 Like

I’ve been rightfully tagged with that a few times. I’m trying to improve myself on safe sites going forward.

No worries you just missed the context