Hamilton @ Ottawa 2022 PBP Thread

I was a bit surprised too especially since he’s also starting at CB. I hope that they spell him off a bit as the game goes on. Or put two players back on punts and kickoffs,.

Good pressure again against Evans (C) forcing a two and out.

Godwin did a nice job on the return.

3 Likes

There’s a reason that Ottawa, having previously gottten rid of Arbuckle, went and traded with Edmonton to bring him back.

And that reason is that Caleb Evans is just not a very good quarterback.

2 Likes

True - he’s shown the odd flash but he’s definitely not great. Schiltz is a much better QB2 - in spite of giving up that sack just now.
STs doing a great job today too.

2 Likes

now that wasn't what he was to do Damn

Never trust a HC who’s been a ST coordinator not to toss in a trick or two!

1 Like

yes and especially when nothing to lose

2 Likes

With that UR on the OTTRBs, they should keep them to a FG. And that was a lucky bounce THROUGH the uprights instead of OFF the uprights for Ward.

2 Likes

I love that we're penalty free so far...

2 Likes

wow should of had that one. But I guess it happens

3 Likes

That’s always good to see, Not too many flays tossed at all which great. OTTRBs only have 2-29.

Good fight in Hills to almost pick up that FD after Johnson missed that sure TD.

2 Likes

Nice 2nd down catch by Johnson to make up for his earlier faux pas! Lots of time to add another TD to the score before halftime.
Maybe they should try a bit more dinking and dunking to use up the clock rather than going for the big play.

1 Like

I like Shiltz - he is playing well

4 Likes

The offense is going smoothly under his direction which is good to see. Would have preferred to see a TD there rather than the FG but points are points.

And I noticed last series that OTTRBs had put in 3rd stringer Adams at QB. Would like to see a replay of the RTP call on Wilcots

Yes he looks ok, wonder how good he really could be with some quality playing time as he has looked good whenever he gets in.

He is getting the passes into the receivers hands /a few drops though

2 Likes

It was on Crawford, and he ended up hitting Evans low while he was in the pocket. No problem with the call.

And I didn’t notice Adams in there. Interesting.

It’s too bad that Johnson let that one near the goal line slip through his hands - that was a sure TD and would have them up by 10 now. It was closely defended as have been a couple of other passes that haven’t been caught. Our D is getting some good pass break ups too.

** Correction it was Godwin who missed that pass.

2 Likes

He’s noticeably taller than Evans and doesn’t have the dreads hanging out the back of his helmet. That’s the only way I knew it wasn’t Evans. I heard that he’s probably be getting some playing time.

I think the Cats should play Shiltz in the semi because he is more consistant than
Evans. He would be doing better in this game if Godwin and Jonhson would catch
balls.