Hamilton @ Ottawa 2022 PBP Thread

Last game of the regular season, and it might as well be a pre-season game.
For the first time I can remember, all 4 games this weekend are meaningless in regards to the final standings.

I just hope none of our regular starters suffer an injury.

1 Like

Since many of them are off the roster or may not play too many snaps, there is a good chance that they all stay healthy. However it only takes one play.

The larks/boatmen game has been a shoot out although it has slowed down in the second half. Interesting to see if the Ticats/OTTRBs game follows suit.

While it may be a shootout, it's a BAD football game. I really feel for that MTL QB - on his first professional play, he takes an Intentional Grounding penalty in the end zone for a Safety call.

It's not always going to be pretty when both teams are playing a lot of backups.
OTTRBs are apparently playing most of their starters - at leas the ones who are healthy. We'll see how good our depth is against most of their starters. Interested to see how effective our second string DL will be.

1 Like

Good opening drive.

2 Likes

TD Newman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

nice way to get things rolling

1 Like

Offense is looking good so far - primed to score on the 2 and Newman sneaks it in for the TD! :grinning:

1 Like

Which channel is streaming this?

At the moment I'm following Game Tracker as BT Sport are only starting their coverage at 21.30 - Portuguese Premier Division soccer takes higher priority.

I like the dump offs to the backs much better than the screen passes to the small receivers. They actually work.

1 Like

I'm on TSN1.

They've been using the FB Garand-Gauthier more in the past few games and he's doing ok. Of course Hills is no small RB either!

2 Likes

Nice punt by Smalls.

And with White being held out today, I suspect they'll be using him even more today with a four receiver set.

1 Like

I thought that they had Hayes on the roster to do the punting - but then that would have been a kick off after the TD, not a punt.

Correct

My mistake

1 Like

Looks like our 2nd string DL is not quite as good against the run but not too bad getting pressure.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. They might be ineffective, or they might be really hungry, wanting to catch the coaches' attention.

I'm surprised they have Woods returning punts today. I'd rather see Ungerer back there.

2 Likes

Hill is a beast, we need him

4 Likes

Pretty good punt from Hayes.

2 Likes