Hamilton @ Montreal 2019-10-26

I think Reid’s been our best DB this year.

CLEAN hits can be very dangerous … Addison was folded the wrong way by that tackle in his back and then whip-lashed.

Man, our defense can’t stop anyone when we need it. Love the offensive showing, credit to the players and coaches.

Khari Jones is trying to get Orlondo Steinauer to play his backups by inserting Matt Shiltz. Not sure if that will happen so soon as the Ti-Cats have that extra week before the East Finals.

Both defences are playing quite vanilla and in second gear at best.

Think it’s more Jones protecting VA from injury.
Played a quarter and a bit.
2 TD’s. No need to leave him in there any longer.

Agreed … glad he is (thus far) leaving in the rest of the starters … Schiltz needs more than just snaps … he needs them with the guys he will play with if called upon in the playoffs.

Quan Bray done for the day … RDS says a minor injury but no sense taking chances.

That offensive PI looked to me like a flop by Dominique Termansen.

May as well give Pipkin the fourth quarter, to get a handle on whether we want him back for training camp next season or not.

Schiltz has had so few reps in-game this year that I would leave him in there

Schiltz can throw a nice tight spiral … with some omph.

Matthews not earning his PT going forward … misses the pass in his hands and Vercheval was questioning whether he fought hard enough on Schiltz’s interception or perhaps took the route too deep on that play (i.e., allowing the DB to cut under).

The Als are winning Banks the East MOP … he was the clear favourite (IMO) but today’s stats just push his season’s stats so high there won’t be Amy doubt.

THAT was a CHEAP shot … called or not … IMO

EDIT: The Schiltz slide … it started before the defender committed

Well, the better team won.

The second half yes.
Cats starters vs several non starters for the Als.

Anyone bummed at Khari pulling Adams ? Just askin.

Yeah, but ours has played like this for the past two months. Whatever the score, one thing is certain: Slowik’s D will always give up enough points to either lose us the game or make us have to work to win on the final play. Just ONCE, I’d like to see the defense turn in a smothering, stifling performance.

In any case, today’s game was certainly one for the “I don’t want Slowik back next year” file.

Can’t speak for anyone else but I’m not bummed at all. VA is our meal ticket. This was a meaningless game. He played well when he was in, put a few majors on the board, so Khari decided to rest him.