Hamilton in Montreal - August 2022

Hello Friends,

I have booked the L'Appartement Hôtel Friday and Saturday night for the weekend Hamilton comes to visit (August 20th). Place looked acceptable enough (certainly not overly fancy), but walking distance to the stadium?

It will be our first time to Montreal for a game.

Anyone have any suggestions on things to do (Maybe CFL related)? I love that gametime is 4pm on the Saturday. Perfect for after game event(s). Is there any place within walking distance from the stadium for a good local meal after the game?

Would it be better to Cab/Uber somewhere else?

I've heard nothing but great things about playing in Montreal, so we are quite excited. (well, my wife will be when she gets the trip as a Christmas gift next week).

Have a safe holidays folks!

1 Like

This is a great place, especially if you like beer! Great food also. It is a short cab ride from the stadium. Enjoy your time in Montreal!

https://saintbock.com/

1 Like

Burger Bar on Crescent Street is a local favorite and a short ride from your hotel.

https://montrealburger.com/

And to drown your sorrows after the Cats lose to the Als, there is Ziggy's, a short walk up the street on Crescent. :slightly_smiling_face:

http://www.ziggyspub.ca/

Enjoy your visit!

2 Likes

any idea if that hotel is a complete dive, or just a partial dive?

I like that all the rooms had balconies, and was in walking distance from the stadium, but something tells me it may be a bit run down, lol.

my wife is pretty easy going thankfully.

I appreciate the suggestions. We like beer. We like burgers.

I'm not familiar with it, but it appears to be fine, not a dive.

1 Like

thank you Sir.

I just grabbed SEC: U1 ROW: 1 SEATS: 23-24

The person on the phone who helped me advises they are front row behind visitors bench?

Already so excited for the upcoming season!

2 Likes

Not too far away from your hotel and stadium is St-Laurence Boulevard (St-Laurent). Classic Montreal smoked meat and many bars and restaurants. Vintage/trendy vibe to the city.

1 Like

sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to thank everyone for the advise and help.

Wife and I had a wonderful weekend in Montreal, despite the 1 point loss (although we didn't deserve to win anyway).

Hotel was nice enough, although I've been instructed to choose a different place for next trip. We went to Dirty Dogs for late lunch/dinner on Friday. My wife loves hotdogs. Nice open air place allowing us to people watch. Friday night we went to Ziggy's (as advised on here). What an amazing pub! We were treated like royalty there. Many drinks were purchased for my wife and I, and we returned the favour as many times. We left foggy and dazed around 2am. One of the best nights we've had.

Saturday started slowly but we went to Eggspectation for late breaky/lunch and had a strong caesar to start the day. After a truly fantastic breakfast we went back to the hotel for a few before the game. Easy walk from the hotel to the stadium.

Walked around the stadium for a bit to get a feel of the place. Love the old history and architecture, but definitely needs a face lift! Once on the field I was awe struck by the beauty of the buildings and mountain behind the stadium. What a view! (especially compared to Tim Hortons Field).

The sun and heat (and the night before) took a bit out of us, so we went back to the hotel for cold shower than went for dinner at the Burger Bar on Crescent St.

I'm a burger guy. A "BIG" burger guy. That was the best hamburger I've ever had. Period.

We considered going back to Ziggy's after dinner but we were beat.

I had a great time, but my wife hasn't stopped talking about the weekend. We've decided to make it an annual trip. We'll be seeing the Cats in Montreal for years to come.

Thanks for the advise and thanks to Montreal for being so warm and welcoming. The bonus was my wife asking "who is that" on Crescent St. I got to tell her about Leonard Cohen during dinner.

I hope you get your ownership situation figured out because I don't want to see a CFL without the Alouettes.

6 Likes

Next time try the Burger bar on Crescent street

You didnt by any chance loose your car did you? As i passed the turnstile i head a woman ask the metro worker if he spoke english. They had the location of their car on thier phone GPS but did not know how to get to it. I never take my car downtown so i had no idea where the lot was. Anyway the metro guy knew so i translated for them and they went on their merry way

Sorry Ro, I misspoke. It wasn't Montreal Burger, but it was the Burger Bar (but their website is montrealburger). While we will be trying new places next year, we will be going back to the burger bar. It truly was a fantastic burger. @idealsheldon gets full credit. He recommended the burger bar and ziggy's. (both of which were highlights for us).

We did not lose our car. We had it parked at the hotel and walked to the game.

1 Like

Certainly glad you enjoyed your visit.

I worked with Ziggy and his then girlfriend in another life many years ago. He used to spend so much money in drinking establishments that we joked that it was cheaper for him to open his own. He's certainly done well with it.