Hamilton @ Calgary

I suppose the Ti-Cats could run that same play with Fantuz but with a lower trajectory on the pass on the next attempt? That ball was floated up there simply too long.

There was a guy covering underneath, I don’t think he had much choice on the throw.

Good half of football!

I can share with you that on the US side via ESPN2, the quality of the advertisers during the games has improved too.

Here in Indianapolis for example, I am seeing either some quality national advertisers or the common local run of ads with regional advertisers on AT&T uVerse. Unlike in previous years, I'm not seeing the cheesy, low-budget homer ads.

This is a very positive sign for the CFL's growth.

...you can tell the rodeo is almost in town, bunch of bullsh!t penalty calls...

For all the folks sneering at the changes in the rules and all that beet-red anger in the offseason thread, I don't know if any are bemoaning also the changes in the rules on punt returns.

If those folks are complaining about those changes too, already the punt returns are more exciting and those folks can go pound sand.

The penalties so far in this game seem to be of the early season variety and have nothing to do with the changes in the rules.

I’m not seeing it that way. It’s just a bunch of sloppy discipline by both teams early in the season. That’s not unusual. But hey your team is behind, so I can understand somewhat your frustration.

It’s good to see you again for a new season as well. :slight_smile:

Another pick. Come on, Mitchell.

Don't blow this Hamilton.

Must be tough being on defence this year.

Nice catch Hamilton. Sink field?

Good defence on an awesome catch.

One good pick six deserves a return of the favour!

You spoke too soon and jinxed them. Calgary answers with their own TD from interception.

Damn. Pick six and the Stamps are right back in it. Loving the big plays.

I'm not sure what to make of these first two games.
A new rule prevents DBs from bumping receivers past five yards, supposedly to open up the offense, and we have a bunch of interceptions!

????

Suitor just made the point that instead of playing the press coverage as many had anticipated under the new rules, defences have moved to more zone coverage. Certainly it’s been interesting, and at least these two QB’s will have to adjust given the interceptions already.

Quite a bit more zone coverage than i’m used to seeing in the CFL. Pretty entertaining game so far.

Nice... :thup:

And we have another pick. Anyone gonna throw a TD in this game? :lol:

At this rate… Sears might!!

Interception-a-rama!

I don't think anyone saw this coming as a result of the rule change. :stuck_out_tongue: