Hamilton at Saskatchewan GT, Sun. July 26, 7 pm, TSN

Hamilton Tiger-Cats at Saskatchewan Roughriders
Sunday, July 26
7 pm et / 4 pm pt
TSN 1,3,4,5

After last week's loss, the Cats should be out for blood as they face a Rider team teetering on the edge of the proverbial abyss. Another loss by Gang Green and methinks Corey Chamblin is going to be on a hot seat measured in degrees Kelvin. Kent Austin is still looking for a win in Regina for the first time since his return to the CFL with the Ticats. Mosaic Stadium has always been an extremely difficult place for Hamilton to win on the road, but this is an opportunity to make a statement and get back to Hamilton at 2-2 to open up the home schedule.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

We should field our strongest roster to date with Gable, Rico Murray, Norwood, Stephen and Woodson all returning. :thup:

Another great piece by Jacob Dearlove!

Return of Murray, Stephen big for Ticats secondary

[b]Reinforcements have arrived on the Tiger-Cats secondary, in the form of two veteran starters who will make their return to the Black and Gold’s lineup this weekend in Saskatchewan.

Third-year pro Rico Murray will see his first game action of 2015 in Week Five, after being sidelined for the first three games of the season due to a lower body injury.

“It was tough for me taking on another role, taking a player-coaching position,? said Murray, “especially when I wanted to be out there, sharing the load with the guys.?

In two seasons with the Ticats, Murray has been a defensive force, amassing 116 defensive tackles, adding two sacks and seven interceptions.

Murray has the versatility to play both strong-side linebacker and the halfback position, giving the team flexibility against different offensive packages and in different field position situations.[/b]

http://assets.ticats.ca.s3.amazonaws.com/app/uploads/2015/07/23174903/14H06-1336-660x440.jpg

[b]And while Murray is as excited as anyone else is about his return, he’s just trying to remain level-headed and stay within himself.

“I know it’ll be my first game of the season and I’ll be real hyped up,? explained Murray, “I’m just trying to hold it down and stay calm, cool and collected the whole time, but I’m really excited about this year.?

Along with Murray, the Ticats will get Canadian Courtney Stephen back in the lineup, adding another starter back to the team’s secondary.

Stephen missed the last two games in Winnipeg and Montreal, but has overcome a leg injury to work his way back into the lineup this week.

“There’s only so many games in the year, you can’t take too many off,? said Stephen when asked about his speedy recovery. “I’m just anxious to get back out there with my teammates and help contribute to this thing that we’ve got going.?[/b]

http://assets.ticats.ca.s3.amazonaws.com/app/uploads/2015/07/23175037/TorontovsHamilton-138-660x439.jpg

[b]Similar to Murray, Stephen has positional versatility, with the ability to play both free safety and field corner. No matter where he plays, though, Stephen is just happy to be back on the field.

“If you’re a competitor, you don’t want to be on the sidelines for anything, not for one play,? explained Stephen.

In his first two seasons with the Ticats, Stephen has recorded 81 tackles and two interceptions in the regular season, along with a memorable game-sealing interception in last year’s East Division final.

In the absence of Murray and Stephen, the Ticats secondary has remained strong, ranking near the top of the league in most major passing defence categories; however, the addition of these two mainstays brings the all-important continuity factor into play.[/b]

http://assets.ticats.ca.s3.amazonaws.com/app/uploads/2015/07/23174637/Screen-Shot-2015-07-23-at-5.46.12-PM-660x351.jpg

[b]“I think any time you can keep continuity it’s important,? said defensive coordinator Orlondo Steinauer. “It’s always good to get some people that have been in the system longer, but I thought that the guys who played before them did a great job.?

Stephen and Murray, as well as a number of the other members of the Ticats secondary, came into the league around the same time, which has allowed them to grow together as a unit.

“The advantage that we have is that we all came in at the same time,? said Stephen, “those are the habits we’ve all built playing under Coach O and Coach Stanley…I feel like those habits pay off for us when we get out there.?

With these two starters back in the lineup, the secondary should be able to reach new heights, even with a matchup against the top passing team in the league on the horizon in Saskatchewan.[/b]

[url=http://ticats.ca/return-of-murray-stephen-big-for-ticats-secondary/]http://ticats.ca/return-of-murray-steph ... secondary/[/url]

Run the ball FFS.
There is 0% balance in this attack. Zero!
Easily defended by a savvy Montreal D.
Unleash the O-line effin' fury.
Do that +15 times, we win.

1st game with our All Star Starting RB CJ Gable so im sure we will run a bit more :slight_smile:

The Ti-Cats under Austin don't win tough road games like this.

The Ti-Cats under Austin also start seasons sluggishly.

The Cats will not beat the Riders this Sunday. I guarantee it, and will be back Sunday night to exhume this post.

Very hard game to call. On paper it should not even be close but in reality it is a very tough game for the Tiger-cats. I have no idea how this one will go down but its the game of the week for me.

Kinda funny when ya think about it,but when can you ever remember a game between the two teams with the worst records on the season being considered the “Game of the Week” ? If you just go by the current standings East/West shouldn’t this game be considered the "Basement Bowl " ? :wink: For the record I’ll take the last place Cats over the last place Riders in this one. :rockin: CAN YOU SAY…0 and 5 ? :smiley: I knew you could !!! :cowboy:

I pick the Cats to win this one in a close game.
The only fear I have is too many players coming off the injury list at once and expecting to
much from them the first game back.
These guys probably are in decent shape to play but are they in game shape. IE: Can they play the entire game.
I for one would like to see most of these guys worked back into the line up no just slotted in
at the top of the depth chart.
Let them ease back in for the benifit of the long term......
Tcmik

If we can convert all of our trips into the score zone for points we should come out on top.....also, we just need to score more points than the riders and we'll win the game! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oskie Wee Wee :rockin:

don't count on it

a tad off topic but completely hilarious.

anyone watch Ballers on HBO with Dwayne Johnson.

season 1 episode 3
2 characters are talking about a wr having issues keeping on the straight and narrow.

female character "if Ricky doesn't straighten up he'll play the rest of his carrier in Saskatchewan. ever been to Saskatchewan, Spence?"

Spence (Dwayne) " no"

Female Character " it F&*king blows"

haha we should definitely have this played on the score board the next time they are in town.

Why would you think that? As far as I'm concerned Nic Grigsby is a better runner and CJ is a better blocker and they let Nic go. To me that means they care about blocking for the passing game more than the running game. I expect the same as every other game when it comes to running vs passing.

Gable is like a bigger version of Chevon Walker

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKspmwKUcAEyjNE.jpg

How do you know when your staying in a Saskatchatoonewan hotel?
When you call the front desk and say, "I've gotta leak in my sink" and the person at the front desk says, "go ahead."

Did you hear that they have raised the minimum drinking age in Saskatchatoonewan to 32?
It seems they want to keep alcohol out of the high schools.

Where was the toothbrush invented?
Saskatchatoonewan!. If it was invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.

Two Saskatchatoonewans are walking down different ends of a street toward each other, and one is carrying a bag. When they meet, one says "Hey Tommy Ray, what'cha got in th' bag?"
"Jus' some chickens."
"If I guess how many they are, can I have one?"
"Shoot, ya guesses right and I'll give you both of them."
"OK. Ummmmmmmm . . . five?"

Ryan, I get the idea of jabbing at the competition just before a game, but I don't find that stuff funny.

My daughter and her husband live in Saskatoon. She has an MA, has a good job with the provincial government, and is working on her MPA at the same time. Her husband is from Regina, he's completing his PhD currently. Saskatoon has been the fastest growing city in Canada for a few years. Saskatchewan is a "have" province, unlike Ontario which receives equalization payments. Per capita income there is significantly higher than in Ontario and unemployment is lower. I know lots of people from Saskatchewan, none of whom are remotely like those in your caricatures.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't see how insulting the people there, tarring them as stupid, helps stoke the competitive fires. But then, I didn't like Newfie jokes when they were popular either. Of course, I know a couple of Rhodes scholars from there, another "have" province.

Drew Edwards ?@scratchingpost 3m3 minutes ago
#Ticats head coach Kent Austin says DT @tedlaurent could still play Sunday vs. #riders. #CFL

Thanks for the stories gramps, but this is a football board.

You go on about yourself like someone asked to hear it.