Hamilton at Montreal Game Thread- Saturday October 28,2023

Horrid start for McCallister.

1 Like

Hamilton fumble - Montreal recovers at the Tiger-Cat 31 yard line. After one quarter 7-3 Alouettes lead

1 Like

Well McCallister gets 7 of the 11 points back with a 122 yd FG return.

2 Likes

Missed field goal - TD 120 yards to the house as Hamilton leads 10-7

2 Likes

Hamilton lucky to be 10-10 at the half with only one first down. I’m thinking Shiltz needs to start next week for them to have a chance, but we’ll see how the second half goes and whether Bo gets yet another chance. Fajardo done for the night.

Schiltz will definitely be dressed ahead of Powell next week. Bo didn’t look terrible- he was able to move around in the pocket and make some good throws on the run, but he didn’t get a lot of help from his receivers dropping passes.

1 Like

Oh I know Shiltz will be dressed but I’m saying he should start. I might dress Powell ahead of Bo too. Yes there were dropped passes but one first down and 53 yards passing in a half ain’t going to get it done. Powell looking a lot better so far.

We have seen Bo out West forever and he’s done little since 2018. I couldn’t believe Hamilton signed him and especially at the salary they did. I think the sooner the Ticats admit their swing and a miss on Bo the better for their team. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I know this is supposed to be a game where you don’t show the other team very much but this is getting ridiculous. Very poor play on both sides. Maybe Powell can put together another half decent drive. The only player having a good game that I can see so far is Zema.

1 Like

I indeed are looking forward to next weeks Semi-Final between these two teams none the less. 20-19 Hamilton leads. Montreal pick off as I text.

1 Like

CFL Pool Championship on the line in the next 3 minutes.

2 Likes

And Hamilton has decided that tackling is now optional.

2 Likes

Yes indeed, Maaax has a chance to break my record of perfect weeks (9) as well.
Montreal FG now lead 22-20 with 1:27 remaining in the game.

1 Like

Catch the frickin ball you amateur!

Hamilton stinks.

Turn over on downs - Alouettes get the ball on the Hamilton 45 yd line.

22-20 Montreal final

It’s pretty clear to me that Hamilton has no hope next week. If they start Bo the game will be over before it starts. I’m afraid they are just not good enough. I thought they were. I’ve seen nothing today that gives me any reason to think they can win next week with significantly inferior quarterbacking top to bottom, which Montreal advantage will be greatly enhanced next week with Fajardo not coming out after one quarter.

Oh well. Live and learn. At least next week’s pick will be easy.

Don’t have a great feeling heading into the ESF. Hope I’m wrong but Hamilton is a dangerous team and Montreal’s offence hasn’t been able to get going all season long.

3 Likes

No but I wouldn’t worry. Montreal doesn’t choke like Hamilton and have a far better defence and punter. They also drop less balls and tackle better.

If Hamilton even dresses Bo next week your team is guaranteed a win in my opinion. Their only chance is starting Shiltz but I don’t think Hamilton’s coaching staff is smart enough to figure that out. By the time they get wind of the Einstein insanity definition it will be too late. Fajardo may not be an all star but he’s better than what the opposition will have.

I hope you’re right. To me, BLM started slow but got into a decent rhythm as the game wore on. We got lucky a couple times with HAM receivers dropping catchable balls. And I would take Milanovich calling plays over Maas anyday.

I agree that we have a stronger defence and punter. But our placekicking is very shaky. Coté’s had a very uneven season and it was on full display today.

Oh yeah your place kicking is shaky but it only has to be better than Liegghio.

1 Like