Hamilton 2022 CFL Draft Picks

2nd round DL Anthony Federico (Queens)

KINGSTON, Ont. (April 19, 2022) - Queen's Football defensive end Anthony Federico is ranked No. 17 in the spring edition of the CFL Scouting Bureau's Top 20 prospects eligible for the 2022 CFL Draft, released by the league on Tuesday.

The CFL Scouting Bureau is made up of scouts, player personnel directors, and general managers from the league's nine teams. They release three rankings leading up to the CFL Draft each year, in the fall, winter, and spring. Federico did not appear on the fall edition of the CFL Scouting Bureau's Top 20 and was No. 15 in the winter edition.

Federico attended the CFL's National Combine, where he ran a 4.87 40-yard dash and finished with a 33.5 inch vertical jump, 9 foot, 7 1/4 inch broad jump, 6.98 second three-cone drill, 4.3 second shuttle, and 12 reps of 225 lbs on the bench press.

He also participated in the University of Buffalo's NFL Pro Day last month.

In his fourth season with the Gaels this fall, Federico finished the regular season with 25 tackles and an OUA-leading seven sacks in six games. He added another eight tackles and a sack in the OUA Playoffs.

Federico was named an OUA First Team All-Star and U SPORTS Second Team All-Canadian this season.

5 Likes

Federico at 235 lbs seems to be more sized as a LB.

I can see him being great on ST. Good tackler, fast and a huge wing-span.

Nice pick for the Cats.

2 Likes

Anyone go to the draft party at the stadium?
Was a pretty long night waiting for that first pick. Glad to see they got Federico. Local guy who might rotate in on the line down the road.

2 Likes

I would have gone but never knew about it only 15 minute walk to stadium

Yah i wish the CFL draft was like the NFL draft where its only 5 minutes in between picks and makes things go alot quicker

Seems like a safe, high floor/low ceiling selection.

1 Like

yah i noticed some people saying any picks for ticats will be players down the road that will get some ST time or even if from US go back to school

Nice interview with Federico. Here his weight is listed at 248 lbs so sounds like he has beefed up a bit in the last year or so.

3 Likes

Was worried that TSN would stick to their two hour scheduled time and we would have to go online to actually see our pick. Nice that they finished showing the second round plus the two territorial picks.
Pace of the picks did seem slower this year. Maybe it’s time to move away from the tired format of four guys in the studio and Ambrosie announcing everybody. Can they not jazz this up a bit and speed things a little? How about draft parties in every city at a sports bar and announce the local picks with ex- players at the bar in each city? Maybe the alumni could talk about prospective picks in each place. TSN, let’s get some mojo going here.

3 Likes

Seems to be up to date more then tsn.ca draft tracker

1 Like

funny they are already in round 4 already lol

37 HAM SMITH, KIONDRE (GUELPH) WR 6'2 180 2002-01-03 Is our 4th round pick

Smith, Kiondre -
Offensive Statistics Date Opponent Rushing Receiving Kick Returns Punt Returns
Rush ATT YDS TD Long
2 4 0 3

REC YDS TD Long
38 448 4 38

Kick Return
ATT YDS TD Long
5 77 0 29

Punt Return
ATT YDS TD Long
25 282 0 43

JD Dunk just announced on his youtube feed that Coach O played with Smith's day in the Argos days

3 Likes

I don’t really want them to announce the names like an announcer at a Bingo hall. I enjoy Forde’s analysis, the interviews and player profiles that they present. Good way to learn about who these players are and what they will bring to each of their new teams.

2 Likes

2002…just a baby

1 Like

46 HAM BEEKSMA, JARED GUELPH LB 6'2 215 1998-01-15 is our 5th round pick

26 solo tackles 26 assisted 147 total tackles 3.5 TFL 2 sacks 1 int

Both JC Abbott and JDunk both feel this is a steal because of how far he fell down the board. JC feels he should of been a 3rd round pick

2 Likes

Adrion Smith’s son?

6th round pick - 55 HAM PIERRE, KHADEEM CONCORDIA DB 6'1 190 1996-08-19

http://www.rseq-stats.ca/universitaire/football/stats/2021/conc.htm#team.def

5th in team tackles for this past season

He did not take part in the CFL draft testing as he was dealing with a injury according to 3Down

Adrion “Pee Wee” Smith Adrion Smith - Wikipedia

correct

2 Likes

7th round pick - 64 HAM GUAY, NICOLAS LAVAL OL 6'2 300 1996-01-23

https://rougeetor.ulaval.ca/athletes/nicolas-guay/

HONORS

• FIRST ALL-STAR
    OFFENSIVE TEAM 2021 * Canadian Interuniversity Sport
  • OFFENSIVE ALL-STAR TEAM 2021

Can never go wrong picking oline. I don’t think we picked one in 2021.

1 Like