HAM @ WPG, Thursday, August 5 - CFL season opener

Anyone feel like talking about our first game of the 2021 season? The 2019 Grey Cup rematch is currently just 10 days away!

Quite possibly the first regular season opener to be played with no pre-season games in ... well, a lifetime for most of us.

Sadly, Andrew Harris may not have a lot of opportunity to practice. I'd hate to see him miss this one. Bombers’ RB Andrew Harris ‘pulls up limping’ which leads to him watching practice from sidelines

Bombers decide to reward defensive star Adam Bighill by cutting his pay in half: Adam Bighill determined to prove value following $120,000 off-season pay cut

The Grey Cup loss seems to be a motivator for Ticats like Addison. Ticats’ Bralon Addison: ‘It would be sweet to spoil’ Bombers unveiling 2019 Grey Cup banner

2 Likes

A bottle of rum and Friday off. Cant wait it's like chistmas in august

2 Likes

Also took Friday off.

Bottle of Lagavulin and a crisp Cuban will join me on this most hallowed day. Backyard will be hopin'. (let's hope for good outdoor weather here)

2 Likes

We're having a family football party at the house and we all have the next day off. Perfect.
I personally don't want Harris to play. I hope we destroy them 45-0.

1 Like

I might just join you virtually, since I have an unopened bottle of Lagavulin (that I bought for my 50th) and a box of Cuban cigars my buddy brought back from vacation.
I will be in my basement with my 65" 4K TV, 5.1.4 atmos setup with Paradigm speakers and refrigerator-sized subwoofer, along with my laptop for the PBP thread.

2 Likes

Such a shame. Personally, I would love to see him get absolutely destroyed on the field (and I wouldn't shed a single tear if his career is ended), but I guess he can't recover from these injuries any more since he -possibly- isn't on PEDs. Almost like a MLB pitcher who's stats tanked after the "Sticky Stuff" fiasco...

1 Like

Just keep Simoni away from Zach! I’m sure the refs will be watching him like a hawk, and I don’t think I can take another season of anti-Simoni hate posts!:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I hope Simoni destroys Zach. Legally of course. But straight up Lights Out.

2 Likes

I took the rest of my life off. After 2019 Grey Cup ( plus COVID-19 ) I fully retired for the second time, maybe? Time will tell. Maybe three's the charm? Mean while currently we have a house full of grandchildren this week, first time in a long time.

3 Likes

Sad comment
I would never say or want that for anyone!

1 Like

I would agree normally, however, he is the poster boy for PEDs. I'm not sure if that overrides normal wishes or not, but it certainly is an understandable reaction.

I'm sure you've never done anything wrong in your life just by how honorable you sound. But for the rest of us people who may have fractured an occasional law in our lives, usually pay restitution and are allowed to continue our life,
Let all us sinner's hang our heads in shame. Bless you.

1 Like

I am not holier than thou. I don't see how anyone could read that into what I said. I guess everyone sees what they want to see. I've bent many rules and laws in my youth, although none I am proud of, and none that enabled me to win a national championship.

BTW, Andrew Harris' punishment for violating the PED rules? Why, it was a two game suspension. I will let the reader decide for themselves if that was an adequate penalty.

As I said, him being the poster boy for PEDs has some influence on how people view him.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

cheating isn't ok. doping isn't ok. you get caught cheating you lose titles. (except in the CFL)

I'm constantly surprised how accepting the steroid use was in the bombers fanbase. I guess whatever it takes to win...

2 Likes

Correct, and Mr Harris was punished by the full extent of the CFL'S rules, were you?

1 Like

I just noticed you avatar picture. Now it makes perfect sense. A bummer fan will be okay with whatever it takes to win...

PS. Why don't you troll somewhere else?

Firstly, I'm not accepting it at all, your welcome to go back on any of my past posts, I've always stated I have no problem with stronger penalties, as long as you treat all players the same.

Quid pro que.

Troll?
Read the title, Ham @Wpg!

1 Like