Ham-Sask 72 Grey Cup Classic Wed night replay!

As I mentioned in the "Classics" thread, the 1972 Grey Cup will be replayed starting Thursday at 12 a.m. on CBC after the conclusion of "The Hour."

Each replay is around two hours in length, so make sure you fire up the VCR tonight to get this game if you haven't already.

The game is special as it was the last game for Mosca and the last time Henley and Big Ang got to hoist The Grail...

Enjoy!

Oski Wee Wee,

....and it's in colour. All of the games prior to the seventies were broadcast in black and white. The only problem I have with these classics being shown is that they've already shown the '54, '68 and '72 in the last couple of years. How about something new?

i wish they would show the 1967 grey cup i would like to see that one again hamilton beating sask 24-1 that was the year the cats didnt allow a td in their last 7 games

Thanks for the tip. I love watching the old games.

Man, I thought I was going to have to watch Leon McQuay fumble---AGAIN!!!

An Argo fan

Who ever tires of watching that joy filled moment!

I have to watch to night WE ARE GOING TO WIN i"m so happy.

See it don"t take much to keep me happy in the off season.

Very nice!....i get to see Ian Sunter kick that football all over again.....

...yeah, yeah, I know......Mikey and his damn kickers again! :twisted:

(shhhhhh, don't let Ron Lancaster know we're all watching this game) :wink:

That game was one of my favourites ever. I was there with my girlfriend, now wife of 31 years. Tremendous game, really close and exciting. Henley's one-handed catch after slipping set up Sunter's game-winning field goal. Awesome! My voice was never so hoarse. We never touched the ground while running down the street after the game in the crowd. My car horn pretty well wore out by the time I got back to university in London.

Only thing is, the replays of Dave Fleming's TD (especially a newspaper photo the next day)sure do seem to show his foot was not fully in bounds when he caught the ball. Good thing there was no video replay challenge then! Note the big end zones, and the extra bleachers, IWS held more people then than it does now.

CBC Halifax is showing this at 11 P.M. our time.
I have ExpressVu and can get it on 200.
Just a little better shot at seeing the whole game!

bump

Yeah, I still remeber that play too. Reaching back and somehow snagging it with his left arm as he skids and slips as he attempts to adjust to the ball that was behind him. I was eleven years old and lived 5 block away. I remember standing outside before the game with my parking sign, charging $1.75.

Only thing is, the replays of Dave Fleming's TD (especially a newspaper photo the next day)sure do seem to show his foot was not fully in bounds when he caught the ball. Good thing there was no video replay challenge then!
And what about the Buchanan fumble?
Note the big end zones, and the extra bleachers, IWS held more people then than it does now.
Yeah, I used to sit in those bleachers in the west endzone. I would buy the tickets at Dominion for $0.99.

I’ve already set up my DVD recorder!

Wow! I know it’s not in HD, but it looks surprisingly clear on the CBC HD channel.

Man, those uniforms look awesome!

Yes, they do -- and a modernized, "tweaked" version would make a perfect third jersey...especially for Labour Day! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

For me, the trademark of the uniforms, and what makes them so great, are those long striped sleeves.

Long sleeves will never come back.

You mean on that first TD that the Ticats got? Yes, it did appear that Fleming might have been out of bounds when he caught that. I did not get a good look at that, but the many people taping it right now can get a good look at that later on. :slight_smile:

And yes, the challenge flag likely would have been thrown on that one. :slight_smile:

Notwithstanding the replay issue, by the CFL rules of today, I believe Fleming would have been given the TD since he was being pushed out of the end zone and could have been ruled as capable of putting one foot down inbounds had the contact not been there.

I know this is the current NFL interpretation of plays such as that -- albeit that two feet need to be inbounds.

I think the controversy is that the CFL rules at that point did not specify such a scenario as being a valid catch. The "half-a-foot inbounds" call by some may have been a toenail too kind to Fleming, but I digress...we'll take it! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

My apologies to Ron Lancaster for that opinion! :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

It is cool for me to get to see this game as it took place before I was born. This game is all new for me :slight_smile:

Why aren't you in bed?

Because I don't usually go to bed until at least 2. :stuck_out_tongue: Does it help if I mention that this game was played about a year before I was born? I'm a big girl who can stay up late.. I promise!! :lol: :lol: