Halifax, Nova Scotia, Atlantic or East Coast?

lol, probly.

which is why they should do it my way and save you guys all the headache, it should be done right the frist time IMO.

and Wakaa etc. is from Weird Al Yankovic, see my take off song on the Bombers forum.

everything weird Al comes up with is a parody, I doubt it's his idea

well thats where I got it from.

I think Atlantic is best, represents more of the entire region and is just one word.

Halifax is just one word too.

but it doesn't rep the whole regoing, just the city.

there has to be some benefit for being the city or province that the team calls home.......Halifax or Nova Scotia (insert name here) would be fine........unless Bob Young was serious about the floating stadium thing.........

(Quoted from “Moncton new stadium”)

If they wont drive 3 hours to Moncton, why would they, or the people from Moncton won’t drive longer to Halifax. If they dont go to any games theres no point in calling them Atlantic. That would be representing Moncton even though they dont support the team.

CunucKev, I know you didn’t say anything there I just though it would make a good quote. I agree with you too.

Exactly. Virtually all of the fans at any given game will come from Halifax and the Annapolis Valley. If fans won't support teams without regional names, then why do most professional teams go with their city's/state's/province's name. The argument for Atlantic is complete bs.

Hey c-way, are you saying, because I voted for Atlantic, that I'm bs! You better not otherwise I am taking official offense to this, you bad boy.

:lol:

and the Blue Jays? They're the only pro baseball team in Canada. Why don't we just go ahead and call them the Canada Blue Jays? Or atleast Ontario Blue Jays.

I know thats stupid but I think its pretty much the same argument.

Baseball fans from Toronto are probly thinking "NO! My beloved Blue Jays!"
While I'm here thinking " NO! My beloved potential CFL franchise!"

how about the Halifax Explosions

I was thinking. What about the Nova Scotia (Or Halifax) Atlantics?

The Halifax team (if and when) has to be called the Nova Scotia whatevers to make it a Prov. wide team IMO.

Ya baby, Atlantic Storm all the way. This way you can market the team in the Atlantic provinces and wait, maybe even in the north east and boardering US states.

cuz that would dis the Expos, who are no longer with us.

but the Raptors should be the Ontario Raptors.

How would it be an insult. They’d have a new team representing them.

anyway I wasn’t actually suggesting it. I was just trying to make a point.

Hey Earl (it’s fun saying that), I think you are one of the best posters in the forum. This is one of the few things that we disagree about. In fact, a while back when you were being harassed for starting the thread about which market, Ottawa or Halifax, was more important to the CFL, I was going to come to your defence. A combination of my computer having some problems and my laziness were the reasons that I didn’t.

Kanga Wrote:
cuz that would dis the Expos, who are no longer with us.

but the Raptors should be the Ontario Raptors.

OK, i know i'm about to regret asking this but how in the heck is calling the Blue Jays the "Ontario" or "Canada" blue jays "dissin the expos" but calling the Raptors the Ontario Raptors is NOT a dis to the old Vancouver Grizzlies, who also are no longer with us? I don't get the Logic.