Halifax CFL team logo

ok...i made this, and i just want to know what u guys think of this....
expansion team in halifax, called the Huskees.

logo:

home / away jersey:

and this is my vision for a Quebec team ( QC Cobras )

my 2010 CFL:

Looks good, the CFL map is cool, that new franchise looks good on the East Coast..
The Nordiques costume is suspect, OK if it was girl football...
Why not the Redskin colours, for the East...Or would Black and grey be a better idea??
All n All... job well done ..

im thinkin, the Als werent too popular in quebec, until they changed thier jersey to look like the Habs, and moved to percival molsons....

i think if a Quebec team took on a familiar look of the Nords ( not this exact jersey design, but u get the idea ), they would feel more like a team that has history in Quebec city, and respects thier city traditions ( respect and history are really important to quebecers )...i think they would become popular faster.

Your right, the french are very passionate peaple, I'm told. The nordique would pluck a heart string..
Maybe they could be tough girls...lol...

Although I like it, I think there are too many huskies in football already. too confusing.

are there?....who?

to me, an expansion team ( or a re-located team ) has a better shot of making it, if they look familiar and feel familiar to the area. in a way, like they were always there, not new.....so a halifax huskee team takes on the familiar college team moniker ( st.marys huskies ), and they instantly kindle that 'OUR team' feeling though out the community. , plus im using a similar logo, and colour scheme..

as i said before..the als werent doin so hot in montreal until they took the familiar look of the Habs.....then the community could connect with them.

The sense of belonging has to be there..Drumming does have a point..
Just imagine the beer spilt on the adventures of the of the St Marys Huskies, just might work..

good jobe D god, but I think the colors should be Black and Blue and be named the Atlantic Thunder or Schooners.

and Keep the Gades in Ottawa!

I agree. They need a name that is cool but unique.

Good job DG. No question the QC team has to connect with the fans using the successful Nords history. With the same colours and the provincial logo. As for Halifax, I still think how the waterfront and overall location, such as the Schooners would be nice. I like the ship type logo, such as our Boatmen. Plus maybe even the provincial using the cool name of Atlantic instead of Halifax would be better for marketing and drawing fans from all over the Maritimes.

St. mary's Huskies
University Of Saskatchewan Huskies
University of Washington Huskies
U. Of Conn Huskies

...to name a few

none of these are pro teams, and they spell thier names differently....those who only watch NFL or CFL dont even know those other huskie teams exist...its not like these other huskies get on tv or in newspapers often enough for the regular fan to even notice them.

im sure there are other teams out there using lions moniker or tigers...but thier probably at the highschool level, so noone cares.

I still think Huskies is too common.

I beg to differ, the name is linked to college teams , thus I I believe it makes a team sound minor league. If you are going to spend millions on a team spend a few extra dollars and come up with a name that is original. Just because you don't follow other leagues or sports doesn't mean no one else does...

I agree with daddy. (hehe) Especially since St.Mary's is in Halifax.

"so you going to the huskie game tonight?"
"no I thought they were in Saskatchewan"
"No i mean St. Mary's"

Doesn't matter if they are spelt diferent. they are still the same.

Or here in Saskatoon.

"So the Huskees are playing the Riders tomorrow hey"

"WHAT!!!??, why would they play the Riders??"

"No I mean the CFL huskees."

"oh, why would they name their team the huskies, so confusing"

haha

to me, an expansion team ( or a re-located team ) has a better shot of making it, if they look familiar and feel familiar to the area. in a way, like they were always there, not new.....so a halifax huskee team takes on the familiar college team moniker ( st.marys huskies ), and they instantly kindle that 'OUR team' feeling though out the community. , plus im using a similar logo, and colour scheme..
In order for a team to be successful in Halifax, it will have to draw people from outside Halifax. A lot of these people are used to cheering AGAINST the Huskies, because their alma mater is Dalhousie, Acadia, St. F.X., etc. Saint Mary's is a s-m-a-l-l university, about 7500 students.

So why alienate people? Why confuse people? There are plenty of other familiar things to Maritimers...

like.??....and dont say boats, cuz thats the argos thing....

JohnHayman, Excellent way to say it.

JohnHayman ir right. You also want your team to have it's own identity so you don't want to take the same nickname as another local team. As for calling the team Atlantic, Atlantic is the name for a division, not a team. Call the team Nova Scotia or Halifax. It will still be the maritimes team and won't affect support within the maritimes anymore than the Alouettes being called Montreal affects their support in the province of Quebec.