What band/ artist are jamming in the cold at half time? Who is singing the national anthems?
Hedley at half time, Serena Ryder for the national anthem and The Sheepdogs for the pre-game show.
I won't be rushing the stage for any of them.
Oskee wee wee
Love 'em and I think they're terrific choices. Canada has a plethora of musical talent.
Well if you say so. I guess it depends on your taste in music. I personally won't watch any of these acts because their music is not my taste at all. Now if they could raise Miles Davis from the grave and he were to perform, well in that case I would
WHAT!!!! NO TRACTOR PULL!!!!!!
Hedley... not my choice, I think Arkells would have been better but it would probably show bias since they're Ticat supporters.
Hedley stinks. Another crappy half time show (which is my prefence.) As a crappy half time makes for the perfect time to grab a few cold ones from the fridge and head to the smoker for round 2 of eats.
Hedley for halftime is a great choice. One - they are Canadian - as it should be for a Grey Cup, Two - popular with a younger crowd which is smart for the CFL. They are good in a big stadium setting having played before in them including at the Vancouver Olympics Closing ceremony and heck they won the 2012 Juno Award for best pop album in the country so it makes them an excellent choice for the Grey Cup the following year. Personally I would love to see Grammy Award winning Canadian band Arcade Fire. Their bilingualism makes them a perfect choice. Love the blending of English in French in songs like Reflektor. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (Official Music Video) - YouTube
Love to see Brian Adams :rockin: but that would cost $
I would have liked to see a band like Blue Rodeo play in Saskatchewan. Blue Rodeo fits the Canadian vibe and on top of that, one of Canada's best bands.
is there away we can bring back the late great STOMPIN TOM a canadian game a canadian icon
Entertainment sounds OK....I'm really surprised that being out west they didn't have a hillbilly band( thank God for that!!)...I'm looking forward to it but it's tough playing in the cold...Cats by 4 points.
Some of the acts mentioned above such as Bryan Adams and Blue Rodeo have already been featured in halftime shows. Here is a list of the Halftime performers over the past 22 years.
- 1991 - Luba (Winnipeg)
- 1992 - Dan Hill and Celine Dion (Toronto)
- 1993 - Miss Molly (???) (Calgary)
- 1994 - Tom Cochrane (Vancouver)
- 1995 - - Jack Semple (Regina)
- 1996 - (at Ivor Wynne Stadium) The Nylons
- 1997 - Trooper 'Raise a Little Hell' in Edmonton
- 1998 - Love Inc. (Winnipeg)
- 1999 - Parablegics (Vancouver)
- 2000 - The Guess Who (Calgary)
- 2001 - Sass Jordan and Michael Pagliaro (Montreal)
- 2002 - Shania Twain (Edmonton)
- 2003 - Bryan Adams and Sam Roberts (in Regina the last time the Cup was played there)
- 2004 - The Tragically Hip (Ottawa)
- 2005 - The Black Eyed Peas (Vancouver)
- 2006 - Nelly Furtado (Winnipeg)
- 2007 - Lenny Kravitz rocked the Rogers Centre (I was there for that one)
- 2008 - Theory of a Deadman, Suzie McNeil and Andree Walters in Montreal
- 2009 - Blue Rodeo in Calgary
- 2010 - Bachman & Turner (where was Overdrive - lol) in Edmonton
- 2011 - Nickelback in Vancouver
- 2012 - Marianas Trench, Gordon Lightfoot, Carlyy Rae Jepson and Justin Bieber
Sheepdogs are doing the pre-game and they're from Saskatchewan. I don't think the Arkells are well known enough to do the halftime show, but I bet they do the pre-game show when the Grey Cup is at THF (unless they get HUGE over the next few years, which I don't see happening).