Hackney a Rider?

Just beating the rush.....

I was wondering who would be first, a Saskatchewan fan or a Hamilton fan..................

I think every back-up QB since Dave Syme has been rumoured as the "next great rider", so why not this guy...
The only difference is usually of late, if there is a 4th stringer we have an eye on, we trade away a starter to get 'em.....
We likely would have traded John Chick to get Hackney, but no way we are interested when he is a free agent.....

These days you never know what can happen in Riderville... I would laugh, but after the Kitwana Jones trade, anything is possible... :?

You'll soon see how wrong you are about this trade. Not wrong in the fact that we got fleeced to an extent, but wrong in the reason why we would dump a contributer to a great defense.

His salary was disproportionate(or at least soon to be) to his abilities and considering he's a 'tweener', we don't have a spot for him, considering the cash, anymore.

It really urks me that you draw a 'Gretzky like' comparison("anything is possible") to Kitwana Jones and his trade from the Riders. That line you plagerized was born when Pocklington traded Gretzky to L.A., and should be left to describe that trade. Anything else is sacreligious, if you consider Gretzky a Canadian institution like I do.

Anything is possible is attributed to the Gretzky trade? Really? This post defies logic of any kind... It "urks" you?... that should be irks... but at any rate, nothing is sacred anymore, my friend.... :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the spell check, I thought it didn't look wright. LOL!!! Seriously though... you don't think the earliest use of that statement, in a sports context, was the Gretzky trade? I'm sure it was and what Kit meant to the Riders, while one of my faves, was/is not comparable to what Gretz' meant to the Oilers.

No, because the Kitwna trade was so baffling in many ways, I meant that a trade that Arius mentioned, although unlikely, does have some kind of a remote possibility to it, thus the "anything can happen" label.

im so lost anyone care to fill in the starting details? did we make another trade?

No, Arius mentioned in a post above about the Riders making a deal to acquire Hackney by trading John Chick to the Bombers, tongue in cheek, of course.

Here is his comment:

We likely would have traded John Chick to get Hackney, but no way we are interested when he is a free agent.....

ah thank you much :slight_smile: