HA!.. You Thought WE were Bad?

The Bummers, with the prolific QB Buck Pierce at the helm… mustered 11… yes ELEVEN yards passing in a HALF!!! and total 49 yrds of offense… LMFAO!!!

Bummers will be the CFL basement tenants!!

Crowton, Creehan. Flip a coin.

Yeah, but they have a functional defense, and might actually win.

Yes, but now that Brink is in, the game is considerably closer. Their offense may be weak...but their defense is still amazingly strong considering the number of changes it went through in this off season. I hate to say this but....I'm envious of their D. Wish the Ticats had something resembling a defense. Maybe the Cats should ave picked up Lobendahn and Kent when they were available.

Who gives a flying squirrel what the bummers did tonight,

It doesn't take away from the fact that we've been the show case of some top notch dog S**T since 1999! :oops:

And the streak will continue!

Thanks for tanking another one ticats!!!!!!!!! what a F******************************* waste!

Why the F**K do I even bother getting my hopes up for this repulsive repetitive losing losing losing......

"bummers" as you say hung in there for 3 3.5 quarters with the team everyone is saying will repeat as grey cup champs.

Let me educate you on some things here as you seem to worry too much about other teams and not worry enough about your own.

The bombers werent expected to win, as a matter of fact, most people probably thought that they would get killed... like 43-16 or something.. for 3.5 quarters that game was close, if brink started, who knows what would have happened. Maybe it would have been closer even.

The fact is, your defense sucks. Yes the bombers Offense sucked tonight, for sure, but that was against the defending grey cup champions in their own back yard.

You lost to a team who finished what 5-13 last year in your own house. Sorry man, but threads like this is why a lot of people like watching hamilton fail. Worry about what your own team does, not about what others are doing against the grey cup champs in their house.

Your team, they are expected to dominate, heck lets just hand the east to the ticats now, because that is what is expected to happen. Nobody in their right mind picked the bombers with an injured oline(both our starting tackles are hurt) and an injured cory watson and 3rd string rb to waltz in to bc and beat them. Most figured they would get smoked, that didnt happen.

Just remember who 2 of those 5 wins last year came against :wink:

go back to your own board and spew your drivel…a loss is a loss and we both have one right now. We in Hamilton cant control what the media says jut like your Swaggerville hype so dont hate us because of them.

The Bombers oline is so bad, add Crowton's slow developing plays and they will need more than 3 QB's to make it through the season.

Winnipeg was on the road and went against the league's best defense form last year. B.C was favoured to win.

Hamilton was favoured to win at home too, going up against the league's worst offense form lat year.

I completely agree with this Bomber fan. We are all upset right now over the drubbing we took from the Riders.
Forget about them and lets take a close look at ourselves. We were pathetic in nearly every phase of the game
starting with coaching. In terms of coaching, I would first call out George Cortez who’s responsibility it would
have been to challenge the pass to Dressler that was shown several times to have been a trapped ball. The TSN
announcers were saying that the players and other coaches were responsible for this faux pas and should have alerted
Cortez to throw a challenge flag. While I agree with this, the fact remains that Cortez wasn’t paying attention.
This major mistake resulted in the Rider touchdown that to me, was the turning point of the game.

I was impressed with Walker’s running ability and very unimpressed with his blocking ability. He needs to work on this.

Cortez is a first-time head coach. I don't blame him for failing to challenge that call in time. Trestman made his share of rookie HC mistakes back in 2008. He himself admitted that it took him a while to figure out how to manage the clock inside the 3-minute warning. When you hire a rookie HC, you have to accept mistakes like that at the outset.

I don't think that non-challenge was a turning point. Creehan's defense was brutal the whole night. You didn't lose a close game, you lost a blowout. Focusing on one play or even one sequence of plays is counterproductive IMO.

Last year doesn’t mean anything in the CFL. The Riders played well. What about that Odell Wills !

Cortez is not the problem. Creehan playing little General in a school yard full of kids, that’s another sotry.

I don’t remember Creehan’s performance when he was LB coach for us in 2008. Was he always this, um, ‘fiery’? Hopefully he learns how to dial it down. If you scream all the time, it loses impact.

This is the problem that happens in Hamilton. A lot of fans will scream for change, get change, and when that change doesn’t result in immediate success, complain and start asking for more change. Tiger-Cat fans never seem to be able to accept mistakes from first-year coaches. Take last year when the team had two new coordinators (Khari Jones and Corey Chamblin, who are now both, coincidently, in Saskatchewan) after fans shouted from the roof tops for change. To be fair, no one really wanted to see Greg Marshall go, but they really hated Mike Gibson. Then Gibson goes and Jones does no better and after one year they want Jones gone too. They also wanted Chamblin gone as well. Now, like Marshall, whether the team wanted him back wouldn’t have mattered, but before he was hired by Saskatchewan, fans had already decided that they wanted him gone.

You seem like an astute fan, so you should know just as well as anyone that a few plays does make the difference, even in a blowout. Dyakowski doesn’t take that penalty and the Williams TD stands, the Cats are up 20-14 and the game is hugely different. Tisdale brings in one or both of those INTs and the game is hugely different. Cortez challenges the catch, the Riders don’t score a TD on the next play and the game is hugely different. Even games that end with lopsided scores usually have just a handful of plays that could change the outcome. As I am fond of saying, change one thing and you change everything. The ball bounces a different way and the score could be different. I’m not saying the Cats would have won, but the tenor of these conversations would be much different if they didn’t lose by almost 30.

When you give up 511 yards and five majors. You've been owned. We aren't talking about a handful of plays.

Just off the top of my head.

two bad snaps on ST
Two dropped interceptions in the flanks. (probably 14 points)
four dropped balls in the numbers.
A number of holding penalties Marwans comes to mind negating a big play.
a no challenge
four breakdown in coverage (probalby more)

Gonna stop at 14

Nobody gets anything with an instant results mentality. Look at BC, going from a poor 2010 season to winning it all in 2011. If you believe in what you’ve assembled, let the team take multiple shots at a championship, even if they don’t succeed the first few times.

You seem like an astute fan, so you should know just as well as anyone that a few plays does make the difference, even in a blowout. Dyakowski doesn't take that penalty and the Williams TD stands, the Cats are up 20-14 and the game is hugely different. Tisdale brings in one or both of those INTs and the game is hugely different. Cortez challenges the catch, the Riders don't score a TD on the next play and the game is hugely different. Even games that end with lopsided scores usually have just a handful of plays that could change the outcome. As I am fond of saying, change one thing and you change everything. The ball bounces a different way and the score could be different. I'm not saying the Cats would have won, but the tenor of these conversations would be much different if they didn't lose by almost 30.
A few plays can make a difference, but there were so many plays (just in the examples you mentioned) that it's hard to say the game turned on any single outcome. If you lose a game and there are that many swing plays, you just didn't play very well through 60 minutes.

I agree, there was no one play that decided the outcome, but my point was that it you take one of those plays and reverse it, everything else changes. If I was to pick a turning point, I’d say it was the called-back TD. That stays on the board and the Cats go up 20-14. That wouldn’t have stopped the Riders from being able to pick the Ticat D apart with those passes to Dressler, but it would have changed how the Cats operated on offense after that. There is a big difference being down 23-13 (as the Cats were just after halftime) and being down 21-20 (if, for sake of argument, we say that the Riders still go down the field and score to start the second half). I’m not trying to say that the Cats would have won had one play gone their way, but things would be much different this morning if they had. We’re still probably talking about a Hamilton loss – Saskatchewan was just the better team last night – but a seven or 10 point loss is a lot different than 27 point one. That said, perhaps getting their butts kicked is the best thing to happen to them. Now they know what they have to fix and a close final score might have masked those problems.

With the display the Ticats presented us with last night.. Its embarrassing to see any ticat fan try and crap on another team.

No fan of the black and gold has any right to say anything negative about another CFL team right now.