Well CFL admirers one can't deny the truth as it unfolds. I have kept quiet this past few days adhering to the implied better behaviour message from our 'Chief' but a Rider fan has to abandon humility after today's performance on the road in the 'hole in the wall/ceiling' in Vancouver. A few points to ponder reflecting on another Rider win at B.C. Place, our home away from home where even the billboards outside the stadium are Rider fans!
- Presidents should NOT guarantee wins = it motivates the opposition and ultimately costs the team financially and credibility.
- The Lions are in serious trouble. They could not beat a Rider team who had to play their second string quarterback the entire 2nd half and whom had not played a regular season game. And the Lions defense cannot even cover our offensive tackles when they run pass patterns.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The score was polite to the Lions. One just has to look at the stats to see how the Riders dominated the game offensively - amazing on the road and most worrisome for the Lions.
- Offensive coaching for the Lions is suspect to say the least. No during game adjustments led to terrible offensive stats whereas the Riders adjusted and made some great calls even with a rookie qb at the helm.
- The score again was flattering to the Lions. Had Bagg caught the opening 2nd half series bomb, it would have been a blowout and take away one kick-off / punt returner for the Leos - well enough said.
- Power football still has a place in the game, even in the CFL. The Lions inability to stop the run was critical.
- The Riders can play with any team and now have to be one of the favourites to repeat as Grey Cup champs.
- I seriously wonder if the Lions are capable of beating Ottawa in their next game. With Harris on the mend, not much hope for a predictable offence and a team that relies totally on special team punt and field goal returners to provide all of their scoring. Sad to see the Lions sink so below sea level on the wet coast in front of their fans in the hole in the wall/ceiling and in a year they are to host the Grey Cup. Sad as well, is that those fans who turned up today will NOT be able to scalp the free tickets promised if they lost, because there will be no takers.
Kalif for Mayor! :rockin:
(jabs aside- good to see Lulay healthy again- a classy guy and he will get you some wins. Not Glenn's fault either- he is a competitor too and deserves our respect for his contributions to the CFL and to many team. :rockin: