GREY CUP WINNER PLAYS FOR $1 MILLION POT?

Reminds me how the only good thing the XFL had was their $1M dollar champioship game. Why couldnt the Grey Cup winning team have likewise. Instead of the current $10,000 per player(I beleive) the difference is not that great. With a 40 man roster plus 5 man practise squad and usual hangers on/Injuries, that would mean lets say 50 players for an equal share of $20,000 per player. Then maybe the coaching staff could split an additional 100,000 pot. For the loosing team, the pot could be .5M. Its not like the league cannot afford it, with the tremedous sponsorship dollars coming in. And especially if they sell the Grey Cup naming rights at a minimum $10M per year.

NO NO NO!

DO NOT SELL THE RIGHTS TO THE GREY CUP!!! I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYTHING LIKE THE "RONA GREAY CUP" EVER!!!

KEEP THE GREY CUP CLEAN!!!

however, you idea is good.

Yeah it's all good before the naming rights. Imagine this.
The 2006 Rona/Revy/Scotica Bank/Gleiberman Grey Cup

You could sell the rights to the game but not the cup. That could easily be done and profitable for the league and the Host city.

You mean like.. say the '97 Grey Cup game in Edmonton when it was "presented by Chrysler"

The CFL......is not the............ XFL

No, but it almost was.

Wasn't there talk years ago about Vince McMahon (more like McMoron after the XFL was a total ratings bust) buying the league or one of the teams?

He wanted to buy the league and turn it into a “more American” game and expand into the us again. This all happening in the late 90’s.

He pretty much wanted to do what happened to the AFL2 (was just another indoor league turned into a Arena farm league, fair enough, indoor football sucks and is point less because some NFL and CFL (and there will be more teams doing this) play in domes anyway), VFL, and NHL.

Thank god he didn’t get his way, but his idea about a million $ bonus to the Champion team wasn’t a bad idea.

If the Grey Cup naming rights were available, I'm sure wealthy crack-pot Hugh Campbell would buy them, so teams would have to battle for "The Edmonton Eskimos Grey Cup".

God forbid.

Or even worse yet..

"The 93rd Grey Cup Game, brought to you by RANCH!!!"

NO! MAKE IT STOP!!!

that was HI-LARIOUS ( as Y2J would say ), mongo...hahaha

LOL.

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought you meant the winner of the Grey Cup would win $1 million worth of pot. I suppose that would be fitting considering the game is being played in Vancouver. :wink:

Whats wrong with Ranch!

Nothing wrong with Ranch, rw2k5. In fact, one could argue that Ranch is... STEEPED :lol:

The Edmonton Eskimos Grey Cup... that's a good one. :slight_smile:

Yes steeped!

Nah, they're saving all that stash for 2010 when the Winter Olympics are out that way. It might not be Denver, but it'll be the next best thing to being Rocky Mountain High. :smiley: