Grey Cup still not a sell out

If I could find a hotel room, I would be there!

Supply and Demand cflisthebest. The scalpers buy in bulk and hope the tickets will be in demand. It happens with NHL playoff tickets every year. If the demand is not there due to lack of interest the scalpers are stuck with a whack load of tickets. They end up discounting them. Even then they can’t always unload them. It would be interesting to see what kind of a soaking the Bombers and Eskies scalpers took this year.

I’m not sure how it can be controlled.

They released more seats through Ticketmaster. Yes, he was looking at people reselling seats but if you log in to ticketmaster.ca and go to 101 Grey Cup and look at the map there are still some pairs open that they released since they announced “sold out” so it actually isn’t sold out.

that’s just due to them holding on. but they were sold out.

well I bought my GC ticket for 2009 from a guy who was a scalper… we got 2 for $80.

we watched them as they did their little game, buying other people’s tickets and then attempting to re-sell them at a higher price.

there was the leader who ran the show… Cops were watching so they were trying hard to stay away from them.

I had fun watching them get anzy and then having to drop the price in order to sell them instead of being stuck.

it’s hilarious…

At least if they are at the door and hustling I can respect that. The Kijiji Scalpers that try to rob people that’s a whole different bunch.

Don’t apologize to cflisthebest, he can be a ****.

If Riders win in Calgary, 300 will be a bargain !

For the WSF cold cold and more cold kept fans away. It is not like the 50's and 60's where just men went to games. You need to take into account that a guy and his GF who say may have gone to Labor day may have chose to take this one off. Also modern ERA need to take into account health safety as well. You cant take a 10 year to a game in that weather also the elderly it could be a health risk. A lot more knowledge now about health. Also of course better home viewing of games.
Even the Riders post game had concerns about the future during these cold games and how finding the $$$ to enclose the new Venue.

haha…wanna see mark up then? yikes! Time for a charity auction IMO!!! In fact, if someone knows of a good charity auction type site please share (Movember charity seems fitting), and IF the Riders make it to the GC, I will donate 2 stellar seats between the 50s. Heck, I might be willing to throw in accommodations, though I would need to ponder that part.

Perhaps, Coats for Kids would be a great charity to consider. After all, with the winters here, all kids need to have good warm coats. (I believe Geroy Simon is the main person for this charity.)

Actually, we do a pretty big drive for that already (more the wife than myself). Our numbers were down this year, but we did fairly well. My front runners thus far would be Movember, Children’s Hospital, MS, or the Ronald McDonald house, though I am always open to other options.

This how I understand how it works in show business. Sports is also a business , as we all know.

A couple of years ago The ALS got a bad rap by some writer who said that their sell out record was not true because there were single tickets still left for every game.

In the ticket business most tickets are sold in pairs [2 or more]. When all pairs or more are sold out , it is still called a sell out , even if there are some singles are left to buy.

I remember being in NEW YORK one week end. At Madison Square Gardens there was a “SOLD OUT” concert for PAGE & PLANT with The Tragically Hip , as back up. I was only looking for 1 ticket. What I got was 30th row / floor center for $50 / U.S. I didn’t go through Ticket Master , I went to the arena box office.
This was 3 hours before show time.

You usually can get at least 1 single ticket for any announced “sold out” event. I have done that for concerts many times.
You also don’t have to pay scalpers prices.
Again , I check with the box office [not , TM] the day of the show.

As already mentioned here , once the stage is set up at most events , the promoters [who love money] usually release a bunch of seats to fit more people in as long as it is not dangerous. This happens all of the time. :wink:

Perhaps, Coats for Kids would be a great charity to consider. After all, with the winters here, all kids need to have good warm coats. (I believe Geroy Simon is the main person for this charity.)
[/quote]
Actually, we do a pretty big drive for that already (more the wife than myself). Our numbers were down this year, but we did fairly well. My front runners thus far would be Movember, Children's Hospital, MS, or the Ronald McDonald house, though I am always open to other options.
[/quote]
That is fantastic!!!

There are so many charities that can use the help!

My family and I privately donate to several charities, as well.
Unfortunately, there are so many we cannot give to all of them.

Here is my issue, Yes the game was sold out a long time ago, so why did not the CFL respond in here to that question, then change or modify the form title, because a lot of causal fans will just read the title assume the game is not sold out, and it just looks bad. Does no one from the league EVERcheck his site
E

most ‘casual’ fans don’t ever go to a forum, so no worries.

It’s things like these that make the league look bush and it feeds into the perception that some have of the league. It’s the same reason why, you can write on the TSN form under one of their CFL story’s, that the CFL sucks and it will get pass the moderator to be posted, but try writing NFL sucks on TSN in one of their NFL story’s, well you will never see it because most of the time moderator does not allow it, why because NFL CANDA monitors TSN sites, and TSN is a partner

This is a fan forum, not a CFL official question & answer site.

Really? Change the thread title? I can’t imagine a more insignificant action with no measurable impact on anything anywhere.

It doesn’t look good, bad or indifferent; it is simply irrelevant.

The league surely shouldn’t waste a single $ on monitoring this forum if threads like this exemplify the extent of a serious problem.

You are over-reacting in the extreme.

Its the official CFL site, I would hope someone from the CFL office is looking after it

It's not the job of the moderators to edit threads for accuracy. We do our best to get rid of profanity, trolling, threats, etc. But this is a fan forum, and freedom of expression is big in this country, and even bigger south of the border.

Leaving the post as it is allows readers to see the thread, read through it and discover that the game is in fact a sell-out. Then if someone tells them that it is not, they can explain to them those things that they learned here: that there are some tickets held back to allow fans of the participating teams a chance to buy at the last minute, and to combat scalpers, and that some of the "unsold" tickets are in fact sold to scalpers who are trying to sell them online before trying to sell them on the sidewalk outside the stadium on the 24th.