Grey Cup Predictions

Back when that was a thing…

Suck it Winnipeg!

Suck it Toronto !

Called it!

1 Like

Argos had a bit more hunger, fire than Bombers who looked less enthusiastic. Argos had all the breaks against them but it was a crazy, against all odds win.

Exactly the type they seem to get en every 5ish years!

The game reminded me of 1986 . The Esks were 13 - 4 -1 playing the Cats at 9 - 8 - 1 . The Cat players seemed very confident and played that way . The Argos looked the same way yesterday . They seemed to disrespect the Bombers and they played that way . The Argos won a squeaker but deserved to win . The Cats blew the Esks out of the water 39 - 15 and the Cats dominated from start to finish .

Has there been a Cup that went against expectations as much as 1986? Not in my lifetime I don’t think. The Argos felt well coached last night (Except for the special teams TD and the Banks meltdown).

1 Like

I’m pretty sure most of our Hamilton fanbase was in complete shock at watching the Bombers dismantle us in the 2019 Grey Cup.

Although there were some holes in that 15-3 armor that the Bombers figured out how to exploit.

4 Likes

Of the 4 Grey Cup disappointments of the last 10 years, the 2019 one was the most unbelievable. The other 3 I really never got the feeling we could win the game outright. I thought we were going to stomp them out in '19 based on how we had played everyone that year, especially the Bummers, regardless of Collaros. We had handled their D-Line in both games we played them and that was the Bummers strength. I did not see their O-Line dominating us the way they did…

Basically, they whipped our a$$ on both sides of the ball on the line of scrimmage…

1 Like

But 2021 was sooooo painful as we were ahead and couldn’t keep the lead …2014 was just plain annoying due to BLM sarcastic smirk after the game; he did get humbled for a few years by two HOF QBs but just not by us.

Here's a very positive view from a sports fan . For over a century The Grey Cup championship has been one of Canada’s most popular annual sporting events, uniting Canadians of all ages and backgrounds in celebration of sportsmanship and teamwork. Tonight, we come together to recognize the dedication and commitment of the players who make us proud and inspire us to lift each other up.

On behalf of all Canadians, I congratulate the players, coaches, and fans, as well as the entire CFL on another great season. I also thank the City of Regina for hosting this year’s Grey Cup championship and festival at the Mosaic Stadium for the very first time.”

2 Likes

Mosaic Stadium is a beauty !
Lucky Rider fans and players having a Stadium with wind blockers built into the ends…..

I think I blocked that one out it was so shocking.

1 Like

I think we need some of those wind blockers at THF so it wouldn’t be such a wind tunnel for the kickers…then again if we have a kicker like Small who can kick successfully at THF…it may be a home field advantage.

1 Like

This will be the only cup they'll see at Scotiabank arena.

5 Likes

At least until Balsille’s curse is lifted upon Hamilton gaining it’s rightful entry into the NHL.

Hamilton has about as much chance as Toronto getting an NFL team . Slim and none and none just left town . Gary Bettman would rather see a franchise in Argentina than Hamilton .

1 Like

So you’re saying there IS a chance?

2 Likes

Hope that crowd at Maple Leaf Square this afternoon each buy an Argo season ticket next season. They need the fans in the stands badly.

1 Like