Grey Cup on Demand

The1970' games were released this week for viewing.
I watched most of the 1972 game yesterday. I've watched some old YouTube clips before but these have been "remastered" a bit and the sound quality really captures the excitement in the stadium during that final drive. I love watching anything from the old stadium, especially all the shots of that old "Players" end zone scoreboard.

1 Like

That's the one that Pink Floyd blew up on June 28, 1975. (As I recall the story, this was the last concert of their North American tour. The pyrotechnics guy decided to use up all of the remaining fireworks rather than have to ship them back to the UK. I wasn't there, but I imagine the resulting explosion was quite impressive :crazy_face:).

Find it hard to that the 1972 classic was the last one to place in December.

What was the temperature then how does that compare to temperatures in December nowadays.

At the beginning of the video either Ernie Afaganis or Pat Marsden gave the temperature as 32 degrees (F, or 0 degrees C). The wind was light from the west.

1 Like

Can't imagine it will be any colder at that nowadays.

Apparently there was a huge snow storm the day after the game.

1 Like

I guess they lucked out then.

Would have been cool if they did play in the snow.

It adds the Canadian feel to the game.

4 Likes

The 80's Games have been released for viewing. It was a pretty good decade for the Cats. 5 appearances in 10 years, one win, and a last second loss in 1989 in what is generally called the greatest Grey Cup ever played.
I just watched the player introductions of the 1985 game. Oh the memories.

1 Like

I wonder if I can finally let go of the 1986 Grey Cup game I recorded on a beta cassette. We've had no way to watch it for years now. The only solution would have been to pay to get it converted to digital.

Besides the game, I recorded a whole bunch of post-game news clips, interviews, etc. It meant something to me back in the day. It was the first Ticats win in my living memory.

2 Likes

Hi ExPat. If you download (the free version of) Airy:

and then download (on Airy) the 86 game from this link:

You would have your own FREE copy of the game. Let me know how you make out, okay?

BTW I threw out my Beta cassette of the game when I tossed my (non-working) Beta machine. :wink:

2 Likes

So far things look good for the Tabbies!

2 Likes

Lancaster says to Rigney, when asked if they (EE) are going to come back, "They're not going to win it". Then Don Whitman says to his commentators Chuck Ealey and Ronnie Lancaster that it looks like Hamilton will win their first Grey Cup since you two (Ealey and Lancaster in 1972) last played in it.

2 Likes

A few years ago I had downloaded a program that let me download YouTube video. However there was quite a drop in quality. Is this better?

It is up to 1080P for the paid version. Standard Definition for the free version.

1 Like

Well, I'll try it out and see how it works.

1 Like

GREAT NEWS!!! THE TICATS WON IT!!!

3 Likes

Congrats[quote="Mikefrmthhammer, post:17, topic:69930, full:true"]

[/quote]

![quote="Mikefrmthhammer, post:17, topic:69930, full:true"]

[/quote]

Congrats. Never cared much for the Evil Empire. :woozy_face:

2 Likes