Grey Cup Interest

Even if the Dr.'s statement proves to be untrue, I predict that, for a few combined reasons, there won't be anything close to a Grey Cup size crowd at the game, if there is a game.

I get what you're saying, but all this speculation is just guessing. Nobody is sure of anything, good or bad when it comes to our Covid situation in 11 months.

Thanks for making a good point. I've changed my "I'm sure," to "I predict."

Justin Trudeau says that Canada will have enough supply to vaccinate 20 million people by June of 2021.

2 Likes

Justin says! :joy::rofl::laughing:

Like selling 2020, 2021 season tickets you mean ?

The Ticats are being very fair and honest with their refund policy I think.

1 Like

And will do same with GC.

You should read the article if you are going to use it for an example.
“Even if it happens in a couple of pockets, in a few countries, it's not going to protect people across the world.”
Generally speaking the whole world doesn't attend the Grey Cup.
I agree that there are significant hurdles to overcome to complete a full season, but I'm hopeful we can have some form of partially attended games by labour day. If that looks possible I hope most of the owners will agree to play earlier games with no fans.

1 Like

Our country is rich and privileged and has already invested the resources to get enough doses before the summer is over. The article is speaking about the whole planet and 7 billion people including underprivileged countries. I can't predict the future but I would bet on a Grey Cup with fans, if not full capacity, then at least a few thousand. Heck I would be fine if it has no fans as long as it's played.

1 Like

Its not fair and honest if Grey Cup is pure fantasy though, is it?

Fantasies, wishes, hopes, prayers etc arent illegal.

Actually I believe that we have more vaccines on order than we could possibly use. My hope is that we donate the excess to 3rd world countries (starting with Commonwealth countries) to ensure they can achieve herd immunity as soon as possible. We will not be fully over this virus until global herd immunity happens. This will cost us the taxpayers in our pocketbooks, however there are some things more important than money, which includes our fellow human beings' lives. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lenny as you have noticed I have taken my time responding to your comments. I know this may come to a shock to you and some others, I use this venue for an escape from the daily mundane diatribe that we hear from the MSM. Tiger Cat football has been an important part of my life for many years. Perhaps not as long as some others who are happy to be as old as dirt. However, this site is a great avenue to keep in touch and listen to Tiger Cat and other football fans. My point, every second word from any broadcaster and many people mouths is COVID, I am personally tired of the word and of the daily barrage of so called facts. So, if you thing I am being ahole just remember an old adage, opinions are like aholes, everyone one has one. Cheers

I too am a long time fan. I’ve. had ST since 1976 and attended for many years prior. I have no issue with opinions even if I disagree. Your excuse about being COVID fatigued (who the hell isn’t?) and your comments directed at me were not an opinion. Just an attempt to belittle and not appreciated.

1 Like

Put your big boy pants on Lenny, no excuse, you can dish it out but you cant take it. Have a wonderful day. Oskee Wee Wee

1 Like

What does “Big Boy Pants” actually mean? What did I dish out?

Your a wise ass with sarcastic little pokes at every little post you deem unworthy.

1 Like

Thanks Clark , I appreciate that . :grinning:

Pat Lynch (the big Christmas Vacation fan)

1 Like