Grey Cup Interest

So we jump from Grey Cup Interest to vaccines, multiple testing, and storage. Yup.

Our apologies for injecting some reality about Grey Cup and the possible interference of it by Covid-19.

Carry on.

1 Like

Under the company requirements for the first shipment from Pfizer they must be administered at the site of delivery. They are relaxing the rules for further shipments, it should get better. However we are still only scheduled to get enough from Pfizer and Moderna for 3 mil people by the end of March. They will need larger shipments or another vaccine to get things done by fall.

I guess staying on point would be a difficult task considering the topic is ā€œGrey Cup Interestā€ Start a topic about your opinion about vaccines. Letā€™s see what develops.

I'm holding off on buying mine until we have a better idea if we're playing! They have enough of my money already, and over a grand for a game that's still just a dream is too much!

Grey cup interest is directly effected by the ability to do it safely during this Covid-19 pandemic. Donā€™t need another thread.

3 Likes

Whatever sprinkles your donuts Lenny.

1 Like

So, whatā€™s your problem with my comments? Why are you being such an ahole? Did I offend you personally somehow?

2 Likes

I think you are right, of course the Grey Cup interest is going to be dictated by the virus. How many people are holding off at buying tickets because they donā€™t know if and when the season will start.
Itā€™s all going to come down to what the province decides about attendance at stadiums. There are still going to be people that are reluctant to sit in a stadium unless they are 6 feet from their neighbor.
This is a tough time for the teams, they would normally be selling season tickets right now and the host GC city selling packages.
We may not get a decision from the premiers about opening up stadiums until the majority of people are vaccinated. May? June? September?
Itā€™s all wait and see.

2 Likes

Interest is definitely luke warm at best! I'm surprised at the diehard fans i know that aren't picking up their Grey Cup seats!

Thereā€™s no deadline. Why would we pay for something currently without a deadline. The team is obviously being very conscious of peopleā€™s financial situations and paying for a game that may not happen. Once you see a deadline the diehards will buy their tickets.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my feeling as well but those prices arenā€™t going away!

A lot of fans in Hamilton are going to be upset if this season turns into no fans in the stands and the Grey Cup is TV only.

It would be what we are used to here in Hamilton...

Getting the short end of the stick.

1 Like

:sunglasses: Ironic that I just saw your post this morning regarding your comment that there is no deadline for buying your GC tickets !!

I checked my account yesterday, and printed my invoice off and it says
Balance Due: $1002.00. Due Date: 0/3/01/2021.

I rechecked my account this morning, and the Due Date is now gone !!!
I guess the Cats know something we donā€™t know :wink:

1 Like

My ticket rep told me today that , even if you asked for a refund last summer, your seats are still being reserved for you and your spot for a Grey Cup Ticket.
He also said if you pay for 2021 and there are games with fans , but you personally decide you are not comfortable attending, you will still be given a full refund. When you look at the 3D stadium chart for buying Season tickets online, it looks like there are barely any available, but he said it's because they haven't released any new seats, even from people who have asked for a refund.

1 Like

I know this is a bit off-topic, but it bears repeating.
The Provincial government just announced a stay-at-home order starting Thursday morning at midnight, for at least 28 days.

In person GC is pure fantasy.

I agree it is not guaranteed , but 11 months is long way off and is past the date that most Canadians will ( most likely) have a Vaccine, so it is not completely out of the question.

1 Like

Pure fantasy? Then why are they selling tickets? Wouldnā€™t that be fraud?