grey cup half-time show music

Saw IME a couple of times - they put on a deadly live concert. Neil Young's pretty good too, as far as live goes. Lots of "smoke" at his performances, though. . .

I agree. As an american CFL fan…I couldn’t care any less about an american act in the CFL halftime show, that’s not how things should be! A few years back I watched as Shania entertained entertaind the crowd in the freezing cold. And boy she still looks hot even bundled up for winter :wink:

But…CFL IS a Canadian game and the halftime entertainment should ALWAYS reflect that How about Paul Anka (oops did I say that??)

If I had known that in '92 (when Celine DID do halftime @ the GC in Toronto… probably explains why they haven’t gotten the game since… then again Dan Hill in the hot air balloon was equally cheesy), I’d have invested in the concept back then and made a killing.

OK, let's recap some of the performers of recent GC's:

'92 in Toronto: Celine Dion and a hot air balloon floating Dan Hill (with BNL doing the national anthem)
2000 in Calgary: The Guess Who?!? (I thought they did Winnipeg in '98, but oh well)
2001 in Montreal: mostly Quebecois chanteurs with a pre-Canadian Idol Sass Jordan thrown into the mix
2002 in Edmonton: Shania
2003 in Regina: Sam Roberts & Bryan Adams
2004 in Ottawa: The Hip (although my money was originally on Ottawa-bred Alanis Morissette)
2005 in Vancouver: ???

Can't do Bryan Adams again since he's been done. Nickelback is a more logical choice, but would probably get a bigger pop for a game in Edmonton or Calgary. The one artist I'm thinking of, but would be better suited for the national anthem, is currently Vancouver-based Sarah McLachlan.

Wait a min, the game's in Vancouver? Why not enlist Afroman and have him perform his one hit wonder "'Cause I Got High" and pay him with an ample stash of Whistler Weed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Great Big Sea or the Barenaked Ladies play. With Sarah McLachlan (as Mongo said) doing the national anthem.

You can't have a hardcore band though as it has to appeal to the masses like some posters have already stated. Maybe Sum 41 or Avril Lavigne could go first and Great Big Sea or the Barenaked Ladies can go second.

She was the first person to lip sync through both the grey cup and superbowl half time shows in the same season.

but I agree she did look pretty good, although it was hard to see from where I was sitting

How abou a forener singer?

You’re missing the point Kanga…The performer should always be Canadian.

yeah, Canadian game, Canadian performer.
Why isn't the halftime show a bit longer though? I know it's not popular with some, but I was disappointed at the game in Calgary when the Guess Who came on and where wheeld off after only 2 songs. Now, I'm not saying let's go all-out with a 2-hour concert, but why can't they play a bit of a longer set? Like 4 songs ... make more of a show out of it! It is the national championship!
And I think the incumbent Prime Minister should do the kickoff. Trudeau did it ... and it is the biggest game in Canada ...

They should have Hallzy singing. (From 630 CHED, Edmontons radio station) Lmao! That would draw ratings!

I KNOW!!!

Je veux LOCO LOCASS Ã la mi-temps de la Coupe Grey... :twisted:

LOCO LOCASS... that's eh... Canadian... :smiley:

They could just play national film board of canada songs on the jumbo tron like the log driver's waltz

I’m just sayinf, look a the NFL (sorry, but I have to say this), they don’t need to worry abou nationaly, they don’t give a fuck and they great the best ones.

Shaina Twain (did the Grey Cup frist)
Paul Mckaney
Cher (she has do it at some point)
Airow Smith

I don’t see why the CFL couldn’t be the same. We wouldn’t get the best, but we have the option to!

Totally forgot about GBS doing the Grey Cup halftime. Actually, I thought they might have done it last year in Ottawa since they did a big concert at the Civic Centre (Frank Clair's north side "downstairs neighbour") a couple night's before.

But now that I think of it, since he missed the Junos in Winnipeg this past April, how about Neil Young performing for halftime for the 2006 game at Canad Inns?

kinda totally off topic...........but you know what woudl be cool???......if Winniepeg..........had a banjo concert, next week................now that would be a hell of slam..............and kinda fun

go riders go

Just don’t shut the door to it, that is all I’m saying.

Maybe Micheal Buele could do it?