Grey Cup Go Transit

will they be running extra buses or trains?

I just checked out the Go Transit website, and it doesn't look like it.

http://www.gotransit.com

I am afraid Grey Cup attendees will be stuck with the once an hour Go train service like regular Sundays. At least that's what it looks like ...

Those big trains do hold a lot of people! Maybe a little less than usual with all those swollen headed ____ fans!

• paul

Hi All:
As a regular GO traveller to Ticat games I have some recommendations.

For the Grey Cup Festivel Parties at the convention centre. I would recommend taking the Rush Hour Go train into Union Station. The GO bus and train drop you off there and it's literally a 2 minute walk from the station along Front St. to the Convention Centre

I know there's an Express GO bus to Toronto running every 1/2 hour on weekdays.

It would make sense to have a Grey Cup Train going in 4, 3 and 2 hours in before the Grey Cup game. Those trains hold a 1000 people a pop!

I would call the Argo's and or email the CFL to see what they've got planned.

If the Grey Cup is going green, then it makes sense to have mass transit available for the game and festival.

I live in downtown Toronto so this isn't an issue for me but good luck to those travelling in.

Jare

I know my father and I will be taking the train/bus in from Hamilton starting Thursday but will leave early enough to ensure that we have time to enjoy the festivities. :thup: :thup: :thup:

I'm hoping they have extra trains/buses after the game or it will not be a fun ride back to Hamilton.

Apparently they are adding extra service this Sunday for the Santa Claus parade and Eastern Final so I'm sure they will be for GC.

thanks bg. gotta get there early.i'm attending a good ol fashioned head shavin party!!

But you don't have enough hair to shave. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

you do,and i got the clippers

What's the head shaving party for...is it a fundraiser?

Just a note for those who know me...you may not see me at the Grey Cup. My mom is very ill and her days are numbered, so I'm by her side in Simcoe until her time comes.

Jare

I'm so sorry to hear that Jare. You and your family will be in my prayers. All the best to you.

Bunni is being a wise guy and referring to my haircut fundraiser as a head shaving.

Jare: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

Jare ,

I am very sorry to hear about your Mom , I know how very hard this must be for you .

My prayers will be with you and your family .

TheTigerLady

Jare,

My prayers for you and your family in this most difficult of times.

Merlin

Thanks Everyone:

The condolences were unexpected but gladly welcomed.

Mom is fighting the good fight. Her strength and will to live has brought about a good turn. She's eating better and more alert.

Sorry to take away from your fundrasing thread Tina..if mom is diong better we may try to make it down for a night. If so you'll see me buying a couple tickets for sure.

Jare