Grey Cup game, won't be easy for any team....

I have lived in Winnipeg for 33 years (all my life) and know what the weather will be like come Grey Cup Day in Winterpeg.

Who ever the teams are, prepare for a frozen field that will be shoveled before the game and at half time. Prepare for a strong north wind and even less shelter now that the old Winnipeg arena has be destroyed.

Sorry boy's, no dome, no shelter.

If the Bombers make it to the big game, home feild and elements advantage are in their favor.

Hey Ricky, I wonder if you have ever played in weather like that in Miami. I would like to see him play in the Grey Cup Game this year, just to laugh my head off. One of the funniest things for me is watching rookie Americans come play in Winnipeg in late October, early November. It is funny as hell. I remember the first year Kenton Keith played, he was being interviewed and all you saw was his lips quivering. It was funny.

Was that immediately after he single handedly beat the Blue Bombers in the West semis? =) But I agree it will be chilly.

Go Riders!!

Too bad Keith has been a bust since then. Holmes was always better.

I believe it is stupid to have the Grey Cup in Winnipeg.We have three covered stadiums in Canada and we should strictly use these locations to host the Grey Cup.We do not want this game to be held in freezing,snowy,windy conditions.

That was his second year… You can remember it was the last time the Riders have won a play-off game… or even made it to the play-offs…

Now like someone else has said… “Put down the crack pipe Kenton”

I agree somewhat… Let’s play the Grey Cup in Mexico, and donate all the profits to a school who trains football refs…

I believe that anyone who says the the GC should not be played in Winnipeg or anywhere else knows nothing about the essence of what Canadian football is all about. Covered stadiums some years, fine, but some years it might just be cold and wet or whatever, whatever happens to be the case. To think otherwise is ridiculous, and just not Canadian.

UH ya we do!
Best games are played in the snow and cold

I have no problem with football being outdoors in the elements. Teams play almost everywhere else outdoors why not the Grey Cup game? The game is not different just more significent.

I have no problem with football being outdoors in the elements. Teams play almost everywhere else outdoors why not the Grey Cup game? The game is not different just more significent.

Geez…ya really make me wanna buy a ticket!

NFL players play through the winter and in places like Seatle and Philidelphia where snow can be pretty bad so i doubt its Williams’ first time.

William wont be playing in the Grey Cup no matter what the weather is like

Seattle And Philly are nothing like Winnipeg in the winter…But we actually had a pretty pleasant Nov last year, and the way things are looking so far this year it could be pretty mild (probablly about zero to -10 degrees Celcius. The scary part is it could also be from -20 to -30 :o
I think this could definitly play in the favour of the Bombers (if they were there :wink: ) as long as they were playing BC…Sask, and Edm (and to a lesser extent Cal) will be pretty used to the cold

who knows what the temp will be...in 98 it was just under +10 degrees during the game

What kind of Canadian football fan are you? I Wish every game was played outdoors. I’d rather be at a game in the rain then in some dome any day.

there is a reason the Dolphins always loses out on the playoffs, because coming december, they aren’t really for the cold in the north. :lol: