Grey Cup Friday end of the day news

Well the Second day of Grey Cup has finally ended and once again, WHAT A DAY IT WAS!!!!!

As you all know by now that friday it became official that the Grey Cup has been sold out. 

Some of the things that I saw were alot of Cowboy hats in Winnipeg. Kudos go out to all the fans from Alberta and Saskatchewan for coming out in large numbers for the grey cup.
In addition I would like to give kudos to the die hard Hamilton fans that came out. I heard that the planed ride out to Winnipeg was non stop cheer for the Hamilton group. One of them had on a fire hat, trench coat and paint on his face all in black and yellow tiger stripes.
One Edmonton Fan wore to the bar a full Edmonton Eskimo uniform. Pads, Jersey and all with of course a wig that looked like a 2 foot tall afro. In addition in his hands it looked like he was walking around with his own version of the grey cup.
The BC fans were out in droves as they were wearing their collors and flags. Winnipeg fans would not hold back their Blue Bomber chants for all the visiters to the city. Montreal fans were talking about the advantages that their team had going into the game.
And guess what, I also had the chance to talk to some Americans who were also going to the game. Its nice to see fans south of the border coming to cheer on the teams this Sunday. One thing on their mind were the Canadian women,lol
Matt Dunnigan talked to me breifly and kepted calling me "Boss",lol
I had the chance to talk to a parachuter named Stephan Daragon. He and his team called "The Skyhawks" the Canadian Forces Parashut team will be parachuting down to the stadium in a group of 8 I beleave with a big Canadian flag for all to see.
This will be taking place about an hour and a half befor the game. It should be a great site.
The Beach Boys had a concert at the MTS centre, and the Winnipeg Convention Centre had a huge party of a few thousand people and that was said to be a good time.
Rumor had it that Lui Passaglia was also in town.
All in all it was another great time in Winnipeg for the biggests and best sporting event in the world....The Grey Cup!!!

[quote="BeerBarons"]...Kudos go out to all the fans from Alberta and Saskatchewan for coming out in large numbers for the grey cup....

...One Edmonton Fan wore to the bar a full Edmonton Eskimo uniform.  Pads, Jersey and all with of course a wig that looked like a 2 foot tall afro...  quote]

If Doug Flutie is the number 1 Cfl player, according to 'The TSN Top 50', then Saskatchewan fans must be the number 1 fan in Canada. It must be a blast watching a game in Regina!

And what better way to go to any bar then in full uniform. I've been to a couple places where shoulder pads and a helmet might have been a good idea. :wink:

Great post again B.B, thanks- P.S cheers to the BeerBarons 2008 :thup:

Yeah, awesome reports BB. Keep 'em coming.

I want more detail! You’re teasing me!

Sounds like a real blast.

I’m glad I’ve got my tickets for next year.

As I drove down York Avenue Friday night I witnessed the wonderful sight of many groups of CFL fans heading west towards the Convention Center and the Party! York is usually deserted after about 7pm but not this night! I couldn't help but to roll down the window to urge the throngs on-ward with the warning that they might run out of beer at the Convention Center.

I don't think anybody picked up the pace as most of them were already well lubricated from what I could tell!

Thanks to all the visitors to my city! I hope you enjoyed your stay!

BC 34 Mtl 30