Grey Cup a financial success

Never would have believed it in Toronto after '92. But then I was one of those in those long beer lines of the 16,000 at the Convention Centre Saturday night and yes, I can believe it.

"Almost 10,000 cases were consumed inside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre alone, where long beer lines became the only major complaint of the first Grey Cup staged in Ontario's capital since 1992. About 16,000 people filled the building for a series of concerts on Saturday night.

"At the end of the day, if you ask the convention centre, they just didn't believe us when we told them how busy it would be," Grey Cup general manager Brad Watters said. "Not to be critical of them, but they kept saying, 'Sure, there will be all these people.' They were just understaffed and unprepared."

[url=http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=df7a8fd4-5021-4247-a0c2-6c913de4f096]www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html ... 913de4f096[/url]

Damn straight they were understaffed and ill prepared. It was almost like they didn't want to make money. Other then that good work TO.

I'd have to say one of my favorite parts was taking the escalator up by that home/garden or whatever it was convention and belting out a good RRRIIIDDDEEEERRS, I think I scared the crap out of half of them.