Grey Cup 2015

Will the East be the home team this year? Just want to know what side of the field to get our tickets on so we can be on the TiCat side :smiley:

Where will the 2015 Grey Cup be played?

It's in Winnipeg....so no. Winnipeg moved back West when Ottawa came back into the league.

This is something that the League should look at changing this year, as it will be the third consecutive year that the Western team will be the Home Teamā€¦

What is the advantage of being the home team?

It likely wouldnā€™t qualify as an ā€œadvantageā€ but the home team does get a much nicer dressing room and facilities for their training staff. Also, they get to wear their, likely preferred, home uniforms.

"slimjim" What is the advantage of being the home team?
DisplacedCatsFan" It likely wouldn't qualify as an "advantage" but the home team does get a much nicer dressing room and facilities for their training staff. Also, they get to wear their, likely preferred, home uniforms.
So in other words there is no advantage at all.

At least wearing white road jerseys will keep the players cooler in the blistering November Winnipeg sunshine.

If the home team is always the team who has the fortune of having the game played in their division is this not unfair - especially when it has been played the last 2 years in the West and will again be this year?

I did some research online and was not able to find out how the home team is determined. Perhaps other, more internet savvy people than I, would have more luck.

The World Series, being a 7 game affair, has a rule for this. The League that wins the all star game gets up to 4 home games (if played). In the Stanley Cup final (and previous rounds for that matter) the advantage goes to the team with the better season record. I think the Super Bowl is also decided that way.

I await definitive proof on how the Grey Cup home team is chosen. :slight_smile:

The Super Bowl has NFC as Home Team in odd number years and the AFC as Home Team in even number years. Location has nothing to do with Home Team.

Scroll down the attached and it states that the Grey Cup Home team is based on the Division of the Grey Cup Host.

http://cfldb.ca/faq/league/

I've gotta admit, if I were to make a list (in order of importance) of all the challenges we will need to successfully address to make it back to the big game and win it in 2015, I can't think of anything that would rank below this one.

(Of course, as far as off-season banter goes, this is as valid a topic as any to fill the time.)

Thanks for the find. I guess Google and you must be on a first name basis (donā€™t tell Yahoo). :lol:

The first challenge is to make the playoffs. The second is to win our last game. :wink:

MLB game on IE/Yahoo, Google is my backup.