Greg Peach a Tiger-Cat

Agree 100% both Baggs and Knowlton were completely misused by Chamblin’s defense. I was frustrated to no end. Hopefully Creehan is smarter and knows how to better utilize his weapons on D. I think Peach is a decent signing. He’s no Hickman, but I’d prefer him to Hunt because I can’t stand Hunt.

Creehan had a chance to observe Tim Burke's handiwork firsthand and upclose for a full season. Hopefully, that apprenticeship will pay off in Hamilton.

Absolutely… And if we can sign Aaron Hunt that would be a huge addition to our front 7 and could help with taking that added stress off our secondary.

I realize that Obie can't afford to sign every free agent (salary cap), but I was a little disappointed that they did not get Parker and/or Shell. Unless Obie has another trick up his sleeve??

Meantime, I think the free agent hunt went very well.

And yes....we need Medlock too....

I am more impressed with Eiban than I am with Greg Pear

I like both players but where is Eiben really going to fit in here? as a back up linebacker and special teams player he will be a solid addition and definitely help the team. But with Peach you have a starting defensive end and a solid contributor on defense right away to me that is what impresses me.

There is no doubt Eiben will be a great player for us on special teams and if there is a serious injury he will fill in nicely at linebacker but I see Peach making a greater impact for us this season.

Now with that being said I think we can both agree it feels real nice to be discussing who is a more impressive player when both will be playing for us this season!

Peach despite mixed numbers was really well liked by the Eskimo fan base. I think his best football is in front of him.

Now OB has to look down south for DB's a trade with his old friend Wally is also very possible, Leos may have a surplus.

Welcome to Tigertown Greg! They have a festival just down the road to honor you every year!

Peach played the last 3 years at end. He started last season at end, then he tore his meniscus in that big game in Winnipeg in week 6. While he was out of the lineup he lost like 20lbs. Meanwhile in that time Howard, Williams and Legare began to emerge so they moved Peach to LB.

If Peach is in top shape he will be at end and a very good one too.

So much ends up being who shows up at camp and how they play, even a veteran can be moved to make room for someone new, some are safer than others but nobody is 100% safe. Hell this is going to be a long wait for camp to start.

Thanks for pointing that out prairiedog72,

I’m sure Greg will fit in real nice here. As everyone knows we do not need ANY help and or depth at linebacker as we have the best linebacking corps in the league and adding Kevin Eiben just made us even stronger. So it’s safe to say Greg Peach will be playing his natural position this coming season.

IMO, I think we are one solid O-Lineman and Defensive Back away from Grey Cup contenders, now I know that is a bold statement and there is a lot of time between now and then but I am extremely excited and optimistic about this season!

I agree, +1, :thup:

Wow! My head is spinning with all these signings.
Can't wait to see who is next....I hope Medlock is one of them.
This team looks like it will be a powerhouse this season. :slight_smile:

Off-topic: I think Medlock is still waiting to see if anyone from the NFL makes him an offer.

On-topic: Great signing to shore up our defence, Peach has all the opportunity to flourish here but it would be nice to get some DB’s here as well.

That's why I was a bit disappointed when the two ex argos went to BC. Even one of them would have gone a ways to bring up our secondary.

Here's hoping that Obie has a lead on some from down south.

If Medlock doesn't sign, maybe Obie knows of another good Australian kicker...LOL

Well, Kornegay’s still out there. . . and I think he’s a good one.

Great story on Peach by Drew

[url=http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/article/673968--things-looking-quite-peach-y-in-ticat-land]http://www.thespec.com/sports/ticats/ar ... ticat-land[/url]

In the games in which Peach played, the Esks had a stellar 23-13 won-loss record. In the games he missed, either due to injury or coach’s decision, they were a dismal 4-14.

At 6-foot-2, 255 pounds, Peach isn’t the biggest of defensive ends, but plays with speed and intensity off the edge. His style reminds some observers of another high motor guy, former Ticat Garrett McIntyre, who is now with the New York Jets.

[b]Peach spoke to several teams as part of his first foray into the free agent market, but says the Ticats were aggressive in their pursuit. Peach says part of the team’s pitch was a chat with new defensive co-ordinator Casey Creehan that left him impressed.

“We talked about what type of defence he would be running and that was huge for me - it sounds like it’s going to be right up my alley,? Peach says. “That the coaches were excited about me got me excited about signing with Hamilton.?

Creehan has talked about wanting to get quarterback pressure from his front four - former defensive co-ordinator Corey Chamblin often used blitzing linebackers - and Peach says that’s his strong suit.

“I’m a team first guy: If I have to take on two guys for us to make a play, I’ll do it,? he says. “But, when your defensive co-ordinator is telling you that we need you to get sacks no matter what and you can just focus on that, it’s exciting.?[/b]

Very impressive. :thup:

I have to ask…like Shivers did? :oops:

"I have to ask...like Shivers did?"

No Mike. Shivers could not get it done here.

Last season Shell was third in the league in tackles and first in fumble returns and Byron Parker was 5th in interceptions and interception returns.

Wally must have liked them as he went and signed them both.

P.S.....Shivers was nowhere to be seen in any of those catagories....

What am I doing defending Argonot players?????

It’s an illness that a little Labour Day blew team bashing will cure. :wink: