Greg Marshll

its not really a matter of being canadian. its a matter of exp. dealing with pro athletes. 9 wins was the worst thing that happpened to marshall in my opinnion. we won those games in spite of coaching and danny had a great season. i hope your not suggesting that missing jonta would have fixed everything. unfortunately in football when you spend a lot of money on talent and your coach gets squat out of it. the axe has to fall. dont take it so personal habman. geez the guy got fired just like 30 other coaches around north amrerica did for not performing. live with it.

NWO , that is quite a statement saying we won despite the coaching ?? What makes you say that and do you have proof ?? I hope it doesnt have anything to do with rumours this season that players didnt have respect for Marshall because he was Canadian . Alot of the players who if it`s true,did say this , wont be in the CFL anymore anyways because thier the ones without talent not Marshall !!!!

Im saying we played many games this year without a solid left tackle . Claridge by all acounts through other players comments and coaches comments was a superstar on the O line and a major buliding block for the Tiger Cats .

If you dont replace him with another player of his quality or something in tne neighbourhood you would have to agree your going to have trouble . You could ask any QB that question and i`m sure they would agree .

I am living with it and your right coaches get fired all the time .Just please, this bull**** about them having to be American is just totall drivel . If you dont have the talent your not going to win . It`s the great coaches who mold the talent and get them to play together to win championships that are the ones who last !!!

i hope your comment about coaches being american isnt directed at me. first of all i dont care what nationality the coach is second unfortunately its a cycle that much like canadian football players the best coaches go down south where the stakes are higher and the accolades are larger. Also i would hope the even if there is a drop off in the talent level at tackle that a qb wouldnt forget how to throw and a rushing game would become completely ineffective. Lastly i have probably as much proof that the players won despite the coaching as you do that there are tons of cis coaches that are qualified to head coach in the cfl. its called an ooinnion. unfortunately anything mcmaster you really have a hard time being objective.

re-nwo-much like canadian football players the best coaches go down south where the stakes are higher and the accolades are larger. IMO the best are overlooked and come to Canada, that is ncaa (non ivy )and nfl cut,s -The best Canadians stay here cause the nfl wont give them time of day .imho Thats why CFL rocks

Do you think everything is about you NWO ?? And how did Mac get brought into this conversation ??? I was talking about Travis Claridge .

Habman wrote"Look around at all the players in the CFL that have made an impact after playing under Marshall for 4 years . I really belive there are other coaches in the CIS that could do a good job in the CFL also ."

im not sure but i have to believe #1 marshall has a mac affiliation. #2 the players you are referring to are from mac and played under marshall. #3 the tackle you are referring to is in defense of why marshall was unsuccessful. (please refer to point #1

its almost too easy.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for coach Marshall in Hamilton. How much of our letdown was his fault, I'm not sure. SOme considireable portion for sure.

I don't know though that his failure here "proves" that no CIS coach can then directly become a head coach in the CFL. Never is a long time. There are lots of different paths to becoming a successful head coach. Pinball Clemons is widely acclaimed as a great head coach, but he never coached anywhere before taking on the job. He was a player, so was Greg Marshall, and Greg had major coaching experience Pinball didnt. Matt Dunigan is another one who became a head coach without any significant prior coordinator or head coaching experience. Some people think he did a very good job in Calgary, and some want him here in Hamilton.

Let's not be so certain that one route or another is the only one that can work well. It didn't work for Greg, no more and no less.

Hmmmmmmmm could it have something to do with the TALENT LEVEL Pinball has to work with ??? NAHHHHHHHHH …

ha if your from mac its never your fault. your hurt, no oline, no left tackle, no talent to work with, etc do you see a trend here. please you have to be joking. whats your love affair with them. support them but dont sell your soul. fess up are you the ball boy for mac. not that theres anything wrong with that

The question here isnt my " love affair " with Mac . Its your obvious problem with the football program at Mac . Look around the CFL the teams are full of Mac grads !!!! A tribute to Marshall and his staff !!!!!!

wasnt the remainder of the season to be a tribute to marshall. ouch.

The CFL is full (full?) of Mac grads and this is a tribute to Marshall and his staff?

I’d be surprised in the east if you find more than one Mac grad playing (excluding of course Hamiltons six) and in the west 5 or 6 guys tops disbursed over four teams.
Hardly full and a pretty sad tribute.

I like Mac,I enjoy watching them play and never had a problem with their football program until Marshall tried to impliment it into the pro ranks, and so many supposed Canadian football supporters tried to convince me it was anywhere near even a weak NCAA program.

wow. couldnt have said it better myself.....good post. ^^^^

Ya it was much better when they used to get smoked by Western wasnt it ???

Im not going to argue with you any longer now your just getting silly .

See thats your problem, when you listen to somebody trying to tell you that the CIS is as good as the NCAA . Its not and never will be , but so what ??? Who cares besides you ??? We dont put the money in it that they do down thier and we never will . I like football period I dont not watch a game because it`s Canadian or American I just watch football !!!!

These guys up here are student athletes and whats wrong with that ?? Their still great athletes and if they get to play in the CFL against guys from the NCAA and beat them , all the better as far as im concerned .

so basically you are saying that you are just talking nonsense and we shouldnt pay you any mind because you just love football? fair enough

Whatever you say NWO you know all .....

geez nwo, you are turning this site into a real downer, maybe you could go to some other ( american) site and enlighten the people there, quite honestly imo if habman has an opinion about Canadian football then he or she is entitled to that opinion,regardless of what your opinion is humble as it is.

geez nwo, you are turning this site into a real downer, maybe you could go to some other ( american) site and enlighten the people there, quite honestly imo if habman has an opinion about Canadian football then he or she is entitled to that opinion,regardless of what your opinion is humble as it is.

Massdestruction im still waiting for your invitation. or i guess threats are considered an upper on this board.