Greg Marshal on the block?????

....Sporstnet is reporting that Marshal will be given the hoof in the hammer....??? Also says Richie Hall is being looked at as their new dc. HMMMMMM.....IF that's the case and Hall lands there aaaand we lose Reed to the esks....I in no -way shape or form want to see Marshal back here...It would be a step backward :thdn: I hope we are in talks with Hall (as a just in case) Greg Marshal had his run here and A LOT of fans were not impressed with his sterile defence...me included...All of this is speculative at best...HOWEVER we better have some irons in the fire...and quality ones...What is Stubler doing these days :roll: :roll:

I don't think you need to worry about Marshall coming to Winnipeg, papa. I can't imagine LaPo wanting him as his DC if Reed goes to Edmonton.

A lot of the talk of Hall going to Hamilton seems to be based on the fact that Bellefuelle and Hall coached together in Saskatchewan. Well, Hamilton isn't the only team with a head coach that has worked with Hall before in Saskatchewan.

Stubler is D Line Coach in BC is he not?

Marshall's D is too vanilla and hardly get's it done in his "bend but don't break" schemes.How about not bending either?Please let us get Hall please :wink: Glad that Gibson is gone, he didn't suck persay but he's not the right guy for our team.Front runner is current Cats QB coach Khari Jones.

Marshall's D is too vanilla and hardly get's it done in his "bend but don't break" schemes.How about not bending either?Please let us get Hall please :wink: Glad that Gibson is gone, he didn't suck persay but he's not the right guy for our team.Front runner is current Cats QB coach Khari Jones.

PS it sounds alot like it's that bandwagon bullcrap where you trash someone when they leave but that's not it at all.I admit Marshall's defense is good but you also have to admit that we got torched alot.I believe Richie can bring a whole new era to the Ticats D if signed and undoubtedly, Marshall will succeed where he goes.

Yes he is.

I believe some of us tried to warn TiCat fans not to get your hopes up too high with Marshall and Glenn, they are good but nothing really special.

I really like the idea of Khari as OC, we need more new blood in the coaching ranks of the league.

I agree with everything you said, both were an upgrade over who we had so it was all good.But to move from normal contender to elite team you have to have the best of the best.And IMO trading for Ricky Ray, Khari Jones as OC and Richie Hall as DC is the best possible scenario for this team right now.

........yowsers.....trading for Ray would certainly move the Cats up the standings BUT....who are you gonna give-up for him.....Esks. would probably want half of your canuck o line :lol:..It will be interesting to see what plans Tilman has for Ricky....he could be on the block for the right price but he'll want a lot in return...bank on it :wink:

Well my scenario is that Ray will come cheap because his production SUCKED this year and Zabransky outclassed him.That coupled with a massive contract and Glenn's all star #'s this year and yowza.I was thinking Glenn and DE Justin Hickman (because of their well documented DL problems) for a re-signed Ricky Ray.Then a straight up trade McDaniel for Campbell.And as for fixing the hole at DE, hopefully Obie would have one of the big name FA's lined up for the job.
It's nice to dream isn't it? :wink: :lol:

I think that if Ray is going to come cheap, he'll be an Argo five seconds after the Esks decide they're willing to trade him. I suspect the Ti-Cats would have to win a bidding war for him. Glenn+ is probably better than what Toronto can offer, though (if Edmonton wants a QB back).