Greg Cup on Global?

So after TSNs contract expires they will be sold by CTV, bought by Shaw so Global can share broadcasting of the CFL.

:lol: :lol: Why would CTV allow a rival network to air their product?

Tell me again who’s having the comprehension problem? :lol: :lol:

personally, I have no interest in Greg’s cup

I think the mix up here is that you’re focusing on the post made by ArgoRavi of simulcasting the “Greg” Cup on TSN and Global.

My point was having 1 weekly game on global or whomever so long as it’s over the air (CTV, CBC or global) and potentially seeing playoffs game on OTA.

I agree that it makes zero sense for both parties to simulcast the Grey Cup.

No mix up here at all with me, however you seem to have conveniently forgotten your own words;

"How great would it be if TSN got 3 games a week and Global received a “Game of the Week”. We might be a ways away from that (another 4 years), but I’d love to see it occur. Imagine if/when we ever get to 10 teams, 3-4 games for TSN and/or 1-2 on Global, with hopefully the playoffs and Grey Cup on over the air tv.

That’s pretty clear, you are discussing how great it would be for TSN and Global (not “whomever” just Global) to both broadcast CFL games.

Keep backpedaling, someone might believe you eventually.

Not backpedaling at all, I don’t see what your issue is here. Once the current tv deal ends, what if TSN and Global were to announce a joint bid, where TSN airs 3 games a week and Global airs 1 game a week, then even though I think it would be hard to accomplish, air playoffs and/or the Grey Cup on Global.

You stated "So after TSNs contract expires they will be sold by CTV, bought by Shaw so Global can share broadcasting of the CFL.

:lol: :lol: Why would CTV allow a rival network to air their product?"

“What part of “CTV owns TSN” did you fail to understand. That would be like Molson owning the Leafs and allowing Labatts to be sold during their games.”

TSN deals ends with the CFL in after 2018, how would they still own it ?
What say exactly does CTV have over the CFl’s product once the current tv deal ends ?

TSN could simulcast a CFL Sunday Game of the Week, for example, with Global or CTV, much like how Rogers and CBC have teamed up for HNIC. TSN could still produce and broadcast the games but would pick up ratings points of the over-the-air network. CBC would probably love to simulcast a Saturday Night Football in Canada which would likely draw 1 million viewers combined. TSN benefits by exposing the CFL, NFL and other properties to a new and wider audience. CBC/CTV/Global benefit by acquiring 3 hours of Canadian content and they could promote their other programming to the 750k to 1M+ audience of loyal Canadians. These networks would pay TSN to simulcast CFL games...a win/win/win for all concerned!

If you think it's only old fuddy-duddies who watch CFL, the recent Angus Reid poll showed that the CFL matched the NFL in the 18-34 demographic and showed strong support from all age groups. Overall 44% of Canadians prefer the CFL over the NFL with 29% preferring the NFL. Only 16% of 18-34 group followed the NFL closely.

People also tend to forget that when CBC was airing games, it was actually via a package sold to them by TSN.

Stupid auto correct called it the Greg cup... Just like the owner of the lions is David Bradley ...
Anyways.. I only brought this up because TSN and Shaw appear to be working together.. TSN is going to air a program called Shaw Road to the Greg Cup or something of that ilk... CTV clearly has bigger time American shows than Global and thus does not show CFL over the air games.. Global is definately a notch down and might jumpbat the chance to pull a million viewers if their American programing isn't...

Who knows? Maybe you just started something: the CFL’s very own folk tale/trophy, the Greg Cup.

Just like the Chupacabra.

What does any of this have to do with the CFL expansion team in Mexico?

http://s10.postimg.org/vaza5zi3d/chupacabras_cfl.jpg

Apples and sports cars. The NHL made the CBC HNIC broadcasts part of the deal the exact same as they made it part of the first 2 seasons of Rogers current deal. In other words, the had to do it and only because of the history of HNIC.

TSN is OWNED by CTV. If you honestly think CTV is going to allow a TSN product to be shared with a rival network I have some ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell you. There is no possible scenario where Global and TSN work together while TSN is OWNED by CTV (a rival network to Global).

I hope you don’t own your own business, because with that kind of thinking you would probably give it to you competition without even knowing you’ve done it. :roll:

You do realize that I was talking about TSN selling of CFL games to CBC, Right ?
TSN was OWNED by CTVglobemedia when they sold off games to the CBC, so what’s your point ?

I would still like to know what control CTV/TSN has over the CFL once the tv deal ends after 2018.

You said NHL not CFL. You didn’t mention selling CFL games so mabye that was a typo as they have done both.

The point is not what control TSN has after 2018 the point is CTV will not sell product to a rival network out of the goodness of their heart. In both cases where TSN sold games (CFL and NHL) to CBC it was mandated under the contract they signed and primarily due to a long standing broadcast tradition in both cases.

You are incredibly naive if you think that would happen on a new contract with an OTA network with no history of broadcasting the event. :roll:

Now you’re putting words in my mouth ?
I never said NHL. “People also tend to forget that when CBC was airing games, it was actually via a package sold to them by TSN.” Considering CBC is still airing NHL what else would I be talking about ? What has the whole thing been about ?
The CFL, not the NHL.

Wow, you’re clearly not getting it, CTV doesn’t have to sell anything to Global, after 2018 they (TSN) no longer have the CFL contract, the CFL could easily go up to Shaw and negotiate a contract with them and TSN seperately. But keeping thinking whatever you want.