Greg Cup on Global?

With Bell getting close with Shaw on the whole Grey Cup naming rights, would it be possible for the Greg Cup and maybe a game a week to be moved to Global (Global is owned by Shaw)
NFL ratings have increased substantially since leaving Global, so just because Global is over the air, does not mean an automatic ratings increase. Plus Global is still not available for free in many rural parts of the country.

No, You will not see any games on Global / Shaw. TSN has 100 % broadcast rights . Shaw/ Global is just a presenting partner only. There will be no changes in broadcasting before the TSN contract is expired. At that time they will renew, share or switch completely .

Why would Bell/TSN make a major investment in the CFL by buying the TV broadcast rights and then give the biggest game of the year to a competitor?
Possibly putting the Grey Cup game on CTV I would understand. Not this idea.

Yea you are right it doesn't make sense - Bell and Shaw are competitors out west and Bell and Rogers are comptitors out east.
The CFL sold it's broadcast rights to TSN and it's up to TSN to sell air time. Leave it where it is, no guarantees that ratings would be higher on another network.

One question for ya Bungle…just what the Hell is the Greg Cup ??? :lol: :roll:

I just have one question....Who's Greg?

Damn you Bobo, you ninja'd me!

:P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is Greg the "Ninja" and his Cup :cowboy: :stuck_out_tongue:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8VMPa9zgV5iAOM1OUtLAB0Laznpi-niQgMk61wj9pgDb0-uosow

Bobo, feeding the troll? Really?

I thought you were smarter than that.

Hey! I'm not a troll....

Easy on Bungle there gang.
He's all about "screwing" everything in sight and posting lines of emoticons.
He hasn't discovered the "edit" feature on this forum.

Maybe Greg is somehow related to Anthony Calvilio/Calvillio/Ciavillo, or however Bungle is spelling that name these days. :wink:

The Grey Cup won't be on Global anytime soon, maybe when the current deal with TSN ends.

Even if Bell owned Shaw and global, why would you think they would move it there? TSN and CTV are already part of the same empire and work together on NFL coverage, but they won't move the Cup game there. TSN likes having one of the biggest single game Canadian TV audience of the year tuning into their network.

That's Mr Troll......errrr...... I mean Mr Bungle to you sir.

I would concur the Grey Cup would not be on Global until the current media rights expire at the earliest. Even then, I can see TSN wanting to keep the game on their network.

It would be great to see a TSN/Global simulcast of the Grey Cup but I suspect we are a few years away from that happening if it ever does.

How great would it be if TS got 3 games a week and Global received a "Game of the Week". We might be a ways away from that, but I've love to see. Imagine if/when we ever get to 10 teams, 3-4 games for TSN and/or 1-2 on Global, with hopefully the playoffs and Grey Cup on over the air tv.

Wow, lots of errors here lol

"How great would it be if TSN got 3 games a week and Global received a "Game of the Week". We might be a ways away from that (another 4 years), but I'd love to see it occur. Imagine if/when we ever get to 10 teams, 3-4 games for TSN and/or 1-2 on Global, with hopefully the playoffs and Grey Cup on over the air tv."

What part of "CTV owns TSN" did you fail to understand. That would be like Molson owning the Leafs and allowing Labatts to be sold during their games.

???
Did anyone say it’s going to happen now ?
I even brought up that “We might be a ways away”, nothing will be done until TSN and the CFL’s tv deals ends in 2018.
What part are you not understanding ?