Greatest Grey Cup Game Ever Played

They may have been the better team, but if that’s the case, they didn’t need the extra help. I think that may have been the play that Lancaster is still cursing in heavan.

There have been many, however my favourite as the all time best game any sport any league ever played is the 89 Riders-Cats.

I always thought that was the one call Eskies fans never forgave Ireland for. Still a great game and makes my top 5. If nothing else it made up for Gizmo’s missed field goal return in '87. :twisted: If not for that pint sized &%##@ my Argos would have 16 Grey Cups. :twisted: Some players I just can not forgive for being so damn good at the wrong bloody time.

I was always more upset with the Flutie pass after crossing the lOC which wasn’t Ireland’s fault. I also contend that Flutie was being given time to clean off the field on field goal attempts but Edmonton wasn’t. I have often said that is the only CFL game that I thought the fix was in, I have softened that to suggesting that the officials were intimidated by Fluties greatness. It was nonetheless a great game. :cowboy: :thup:

I can’t believe I just stuck up for Jake Ireland. :lol:

You mean the blind guy in the video review chair? That Jake Ireland? :wink: