Great Places to Eat and Drink while at Grey Cup

Hey Everyone:
If you're new to visiting Toronto here's some of my favourite downtown spots to eat and drink!

Google the following for their address:
Best Pizza - Big Slice, great deal on 28 inch slabs of za.
Best Affordable Thai Food - Salad King
Best Italian Food for the money - Joe Badali's -on Front St.
Great Pub: The Overdraught - below Joe Badali's, Pogue Mahon's - College and Young
Cool Piece of Canadian History Bar - Pipers Bar - lower level of the Royal York Hotel (decent priced food and beers),
Wheatsheaf (oldest bar in Canada)
Highend Beer Bar - Beer Bistro - best fries in the city! Finn's Temple Bar,
Cheap Beer - great food - Burgundy's great wings and nachos, Sneaky Dee's- on College and Bay, ,
Cheep Food - Korean Grill House - $15.00 All you can eat - BBQ's at the table, they bring the meat out and you cook it. Get the Green Salad with it.
Breakfast - Fran's - Open 24 hours and has great breakfasts

Have a great time at Grey Cup and feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.
Jare

Best cheap: Banh mi (Vietnamese subs) Ba Le 2 in Chinatown
Best pho: Golden Turtle on Ossington near Dundas
Best schwarma: Sarah's on Bloor St. (between Spadina and Bloor)
Best cheap sushi: New Generation on Bloor St. (near Sarah's)
Best pricey sushI: Moto Sushi at Yonge and Sheppard (a little uptown)
Best pub (in my view): Paupers near Sarah's and New Gen. Also good, and closer to Skydome, Irish Embassy at Wellington and Yonge, and Duke of Gloucester (especially if you like soccer)...this list is not exhaustive Beer Bistro is pretty good but pricey.
Best Chinese (only mentioning downtown): Swatow on Spadina, best Chinese is uptown.
Best sandwhich: La Porchetta on Dundas west of Bathurst
Best Indian (downtown): Lahore Tikka house Gerrard & Greenwood (still a little outside downtown) or Mount Everest near Sarah's
Best Carribbean, relatively cheap: Island Foods on King at Dufferin, get the goat roti.
Best sausage: Carts outside Union Station
Best gyros: Alexandro's near Chester Station
Best steak (incredibly pricey): Jacob's

WOW this is great! We were looking at various guides and things to try and figure out where to go, but this is PERFECT. THANKS to both of you!

:rockin: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Where can a guy get a good TURKEY SANDWICH with Saskatchewan Turkeys being used? :rockin: :wink:

Don’t forget the Hockey Hall Of Fame is less than a 10 minute walk from Skydome at Yonge and Front and the CFL Hall Of Fame is just an hour down the QEW in Hamilton. Not eat and drink places but great sites to see during the weekend.

Lots of great pubs on Queen west of Yonge including the Horseshoe Tavern at Spadina which usually has some good bands on stage.

I understand there will be a football hall of fame display at the game somewhere.

I think you’re talking about the Grey Cup Train which inside has been converted into somewhat of a CFL hall of fame. I believe it’ll be parked at the Exhibition grounds for the duration of Grey Cup weekend.

No, not the train. I read there will actually be a display inside the stadium. Though i’m not sure exactly where.

Caplansky's Deli up on College is pretty good if you're looking for a smoked meat sandwich. Short ride on the subway & streetcar.

Best place to eat & drink?

MadJack’s place.

http://www.madjacksbbqonline.com/ :rockin: